Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 week scan tomorrow-so nervous!!

(14 Posts)
kirst134 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:09:44

Hi hope everybody is well smile
I have my first scan tomorrow and i am so unbelievably nervous! I am a worrier anyway so i have convinced myself it is bad news! My appointment is at 10.50 thou so i am glad i don't have to wait all day! Has anyone got any advice or tips? Also my hospital charges £5 for a picture and i wanted a couple. Has anybody else bought more than one or do most people just get the one?

PPie10 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:24:33

Good luck for tomorrow smileI know it's not going to help but just try be positive.

kirst134 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:28:51

Thank you smile i am trying to be positive. Easier said than done x

Looiloo79 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:30:42

Good luck for tomorrow. I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm the same as you - always worrying. Just get the one pic. Sometimes the sonography the might feel generous and print 2 smile

FuzzyOwl Mon 04-Apr-16 20:31:54

Good luck for tomorrow and the best thing to do is let the sonographer know you are anxious and ask for confirmation that the baby's heartbeat can be seen as quickly as possible. Otherwise the sonographer is often busy measuring the baby and, because it all looks a blur on the screen and they are concentrating, it is easy to get even more worried.

Yes to your second question, they are £5 per picture at my hospital as well and I used to buy two.

athousandsplendidsuns Mon 04-Apr-16 20:36:41

Go to bed as soon as possible to make it come sooner?! (My 12 week scan is Thurs and that's what I intend to do til then!)

startwig1982 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:36:57

Good luck! At both of my 12 wk scans it was £5 for multiple pictures, rather than just one.

kirst134 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:37:10

Thank you i will ask as i have been told it can feel like forever waiting for them to say yes everything is ok. And picture wise my mum has gone into overdrive and wants a picture and one for the oh's mum etc. They will make a fortune out of me at this rate lol x

MsFiremanSam Mon 04-Apr-16 21:19:56

Mine is on Thursday and I feel the same! I can feel lots of flutters and bubbles and I look huge - so fairly sure there's something in there! I am really nervous about the screening test though.

kirst134 Tue 05-Apr-16 17:13:34

Scan all done and all is well. Very emotional and just lovely. Im near enough as far gone as i thought i was as well. Good luck to all you other ladies for your scans 😊xx

iemma321q Tue 05-Apr-16 17:20:57

Great news!! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

1moretime Tue 05-Apr-16 18:15:34

Aww fab news hun 😃 Did you get more than one pic then?
I have my dating scan next week & I am very nervous xx

MsFiremanSam Tue 05-Apr-16 20:08:09

Yay!

kirst134 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:13:30

Yes we ended up with 6. The chap that did it printed loads out and charged us £10 and gave us 6. I can't stop looking at them!! It was so clear you could just see it moving about looking like it was having a right little party in there! Good luck with your scan let us all know!xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now