Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tmi mucusy discharge 36 weeks

(6 Posts)
woollyandtig Mon 04-Apr-16 18:01:21

Sorry this is tmi but for last few days I have been having a lot of mucusy discharge (snot like consistency) today it's changed from very light too brown /black . Is this normal ?

ProbablyMe Mon 04-Apr-16 18:03:42

Sounds like it's worth ringing your midwife (or antenatal ward) about.

Hawkmoth Mon 04-Apr-16 18:04:03

I'd give your maternity triage a ring x

SummerHouse Mon 04-Apr-16 18:05:23

Mucusy snot sounds like a show. Perfectly normal sign you are soon to go into labour. But a bit early and brown / black needs a check with the professionals. I would personally go to a and e. Better to be safe. Wishing you all the best.

woollyandtig Mon 04-Apr-16 18:08:30

Thanks for the replies just waiting on hubby getting back from work then I will give them a phone ,this is baby number 3 you think by now I'd know these things but had nothing like this with either of them though dd2 arrived at 37 weeks so wouldn't be shocked if this one is in a hurry tooconfused x

BettyBi0 Tue 05-Apr-16 09:49:24

How did you get on Wooly? I'd have guessed that it might have been your show. My MW told me it can sometimes have v dark brown/blackish bits of very old blood in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now