Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just passed something weird - TMI warning

(7 Posts)
lilygirl81 Sun 03-Apr-16 08:33:23

For background, I'm 23+2. I had a cervical stitch put in just over a week ago and have had varying degrees of cramping since. I had a scan on Thursday which showed everything looking good and cervix firmly closed.

I've just been to the loo, and when I wiped there was a weird, fleshy looking lump an the paper. There was some mucus but mostly it was flesh coloured and firm. I did eventually flush it, but now wondering if I should have kept it to show someone.

I've googled mucus plug images and it really looked different to them. Any ideas what this could be?

Afreshstartplease Sun 03-Apr-16 08:36:51

No ideas but I think you should get checked out

ricketytickety Sun 03-Apr-16 08:45:04

Ring your midwife. My mucus plug was like mucasy bloody blobs, but if it dried out a bit it might be more firm? I think only your midwife could help you here. Have you a number to call on a Sunday? It's just you mention cramps and a stitch so don't think you should wait it out.

Snorkmaiden123 Sun 03-Apr-16 09:53:52

I think I had something like this with my first baby at around 35 weeks. I can only describe it at a piece of uncooked chicken. I phoned the midwife and she said it sounded like my plug but I still don't know if it was or not. On the bright side I didn't go into labour for another 7 weeks so it clearly wasn't a sign that birth was imminent. For me anyway.

lilygirl81 Sun 03-Apr-16 09:58:27

Thanks everyone, I've called and I'm to pop in to get checked over. Fingers crossed there is nothing to worry about

PotOfYoghurt Sun 03-Apr-16 10:17:17

Good luck op.

lilygirl81 Sun 03-Apr-16 15:07:29

Hospital just as confused as me, no idea what it was, but baby totally happy and no contractions so told it's just one of those weird pregnancy things smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now