Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Triangle bump

(5 Posts)
KayTee87 Sat 02-Apr-16 21:25:07

Why does my bump look like a triangle when I get out the bath or sit up using my stomach muscles? Are my stomach muscles buggered?? I'm only 24 weeks confused

Artioo2 Sat 02-Apr-16 21:36:20

I get this, it looks weird! But I guess it's just where your stomach muscles are gathered at the front, pulling your bump with them. Mine have gone back to normal after two pregnancies now.

ThePowerOfCake Sat 02-Apr-16 21:40:23

If I remember rightly it's just your stomach muscles having separated at the front. Terrified me in my first pregnancy! Mine went pretty much back to normal a while after the birth. I think the midwife gave me a leaflet with exercises to do and a diagram that showed how to assess the level of separation. I'm pregnant with my second now and deliberately do "triangle bump" to freak out DH grin

mrsmugoo Sun 03-Apr-16 13:23:14

I would really try not to engage your tummy muscles too much - get up by rolling sideways. That's what I was advised.

possum18 Sun 03-Apr-16 13:26:55

As PPs said its your stomach muscles separating, my midwife told me its to avoid them tearing and leaving damage with the added strain when you use them in pregnancy. Try not to over use them, roll on your side and get up that way smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now