Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Finnish Kela Box

(16 Posts)
izzyelliott Fri 01-Apr-16 13:07:01

I have been reading about these amazing boxes that are delivered for free to every new mother in Finland. The boxes are beautiful and contain everything you need for LO. However I can't find out how/where to get them! Does anyone know?

Mslg Fri 01-Apr-16 13:53:25

From their website:

'The maternity package is not commercially available. It is available solely as a benefit offered under the Finnish social security system. The items it contains are sourced through a competitive bidding process complying with EU law.'

AlfieandAnnieRose Fri 01-Apr-16 14:01:29

We brought a Finnish baby box, a moomin one. Not cheap though but it's a unique concept, so the things in the box you can't buy elsewhere, and I'm a big moomin fan!

mopants Fri 01-Apr-16 14:01:54

Search for the British baby box. Pretty new company but you can buy the boxes with contents from them

bluemoonday Fri 01-Apr-16 16:49:19

Not cheap but rather nice...! www.finnishbabybox.co/

Natsku Fri 01-Apr-16 17:01:06

I loved my baby box, they are wonderful things but you can't get the real ones outside of Finland I'm afraid but the one that bluemoonday linked looks quite similar.

Natsku Fri 01-Apr-16 17:02:46

And look at what a comfy bed they make grin

Aceray Sat 09-Apr-16 23:58:16

I'very found this company that import them from Finland to the UK -http://www.realfinnishbabybox.com. I haven't ordered yet but am very tempted!

Aceray Sat 09-Apr-16 23:59:33

From what I can tell they're the real Finnish ones, the same as Finnish mothers get!

izzyelliott Tue 12-Apr-16 09:57:16

Thanks for all your replies! I have had a look into them and the British baby box is cheaper but it offers poor value in comparison to the others which literally contain everything that you would need.

I sent an email to the finnishbabybox.co/ and the boxes that this company sells aren't the real Kela boxes. They look like them, but have different content and containers that they sourced from their own suppliers, so don't have the Finnish Govt. quality control.

Howver www.realfinnishbabybox.com are selling the real boxes! These are the ones that Finnish mothers get! They literally contain everything, so I have just ordered mine :D So excited! I will let you all know what it's really like when it arrives.

izzyelliott Tue 12-Apr-16 10:06:44

Natsu I love your picture of the sleeping beauty in the comfy bed/box!

Camille9 Sat 16-Apr-16 22:12:40

Hello from Finland! I can sell my new and unopened original Finnish Baby Box 2016. If you are interested, please send me email klaitio@gmail.com.

Camille9 Sat 16-Apr-16 22:18:32

Hello from Finland! I can sell my new and unopened original Finnish baby box (Kela). If you are interested, please send me email klaitio@gmail.com.

SmallBee Sat 16-Apr-16 22:19:15

Oh I really want one.

Natsu I love your gorgeous little baby. So snug!

mamahibou Sun 17-Apr-16 13:20:57

Move to Scotland smile Looks like we might be getting them soon. Hope in time for my due date in August! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nicola-sturgeons-groundbreaking-pledge-give-7771909

parissont Sun 17-Apr-16 13:22:47

Is this a stealth ad hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now