Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I pregnant?

(17 Posts)
Emilyjane96 Wed 30-Mar-16 16:02:11

Hi there, I'm 19 and I just have a question.

I ovulated from the 17-22 march, had sex twice. Then the from the 24th to 26th, I had some bleeding that lasted those 2 days and wasn't much. I was red to start with then turned brown? I searched what it could be as I wasn't due on my period until the 3rd of April. It said implantation bleeding. Could anyone tell me if it sounds like this?

I get small cramps, and my back is in shreds. My breasts are sore but nothing out of the ordinary.

This will be my second child, I just never had implantation bleeding with my little girl, so I don't really know what to expect.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank-you!

SpaceDinosaur Wed 30-Mar-16 16:07:51

Pee on your phone.

That is literally the only way the Internet can tell you if you are pregnant.
grin

SpaceDinosaur Wed 30-Mar-16 16:09:55

Honestly?

If you've had unprotected sex then the answer is yes, you could be pregnant.

If you're tracking ovulation then you could be pg
If you're guessing you could be pg
Or, it could be nothing.

Buy an early test. Leave it as long as you dare and then take it.
Much more reliable than peeing on your phone!

Emilyjane96 Wed 30-Mar-16 16:10:11

Maybe I should have titled it, is it implantation bleeding xD

SpaceDinosaur Wed 30-Mar-16 16:11:35

I'm currently TTC, I've had your symptoms and I'm not pregnant.

But it could be implantation. (I bloody thought it was!)

Emilyjane96 Wed 30-Mar-16 16:12:27

I did a pregnancy test around 4 days ago, came out negative. But I guess it's just a waiting game to see if mother nature comes around.

sizethree Wed 30-Mar-16 16:12:44

Timing wise it could be implantation bleeding and the sex would match up with your ovulation dates. So it's definitely possible. Every pregnancy is different so just because you had no implantation bleed with your first child, doesn't mean you won't with subsequent ones.
A first response early predictor pregnancy test can give an accurate-ish result a few days before your period is due. So if you're getting impatient do try one one those. How you get the result you want.

Emilyjane96 Wed 30-Mar-16 16:13:46

Like you say it could be anything, but I'm not ruling anything out. Will just have to wait a couple more days [

sizethree Wed 30-Mar-16 16:13:53

Cross post - 4 days ago would've been much too early to get an accurate result. You'll need to test again.

Emilyjane96 Wed 30-Mar-16 16:16:17

Thank-you both for your advice. I think I will be taking another test this weekend anyways, just to see. I am getting impatient but the best way to find out the answer is to wait to see if my period comes. It all sounds like implantation bleeding, but I don't want to get my hopes up or anything.

Emilyjane96 Wed 30-Mar-16 16:17:04

Yeah, my partner and I thought it was too early but we thought we'd try. So we'll be doing another this weekend smile

novemberchild Wed 30-Mar-16 16:42:07

Pick up a Superdrug Early test and do it tomorrow morning first thing. They are pretty reliable and sensitive.

SpaceDinosaur Sat 02-Apr-16 08:50:59

It's the weekend!!!
Have you tested?

Emilyjane96 Sat 02-Apr-16 10:22:06

Hey!! I did one 30mins ago, and it was negative sad but my period isn't due until tomorrow, so going to wait & see how that goes?

Emilyjane96 Sun 03-Apr-16 11:07:18

Little update, did a test this morning and the faintest of lines has shown!!!! grin

SpaceDinosaur Sun 03-Apr-16 11:47:55

WOW!!! Congratulations!!!
Here's hoping that faintest of lines Beth's stronger in the coming week!!!

Blakerose15 Sun 03-Apr-16 14:29:21

Sounds like implant bleeding it always happend with mine very common

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now