Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what are you wearing - last 4 weeks

(4 Posts)
Autumn2014 Tue 29-Mar-16 15:09:00

I'm 35 weeks and had to give up on my under bump maternity jeans as they are so uncomfortable. In fact anything under bump digs in. I wonder I'd I've put weight on, not just bump. I've got a nice maternity denim skirt over bump, but when I wear opaque tights they roll down despite being over bump. I'm basically rotating 3 pairs of leggings and some tunic tops along with long line cardigans. I even had to buy some new shoes at the weekend as my feet have swelled and I can't get my.boots on.

BettyBi0 Tue 29-Mar-16 15:14:54

It sucks doesn't it - especially having to buy stuff to cover such a short time period. I'm wearing over bump leggings with maternity dresses most of the time. When I can't get away with pjs that is!

I've got the same rolling down leggings issue, tights too. At first I thought maybe my bump wasn't big enough to hold them up but now maybe it's too big and that's why hey aren't coping.

My hips definitely feel wider this time around as Last pregnancy I could just wear all my normal pj bottoms low-slung under the bump. This time they are too tight though blush

Autumn2014 Tue 29-Mar-16 15:28:47

My day wear is merging with night wear as there isn't much difference style wise. Day wear - black leggings, stripe tunic top, soft wool long cardigan. Night wear- Large size thermal leggings, stripe night dress, fluffy dressing gown. My husband presumed I'd not got dressed one dayblush

Sezramum Tue 29-Mar-16 17:13:20

I have two weeks left and for some time now I have to keep wearing the same things things. I just couldn't justify the cost of clothes for such a short period of time.

I can just about squeeze into my over bump maternity jeans still, but do take them off and swap them for my PJs or Mothercare yoga trousers at the earliest opportunity. The Mothercare yoga trousers have been great and I intend to use them post section as well although DD has advised they are not suitable for wearing in public as apparently the fabric is a bit thin in places! blush

One of my best purchases were wide leg jersey trousers bought form M & S. They are not maternity, but still fit me now and I know they will be well used after the baby arrives. I have put on over three stone so not just bump either (unless I am having a shockingly big baby which has not been picked up on the scans)! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now