Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pre-pregnancy bras

(4 Posts)
malin100 Mon 28-Mar-16 23:07:31

I'm 14 weeks and have been in some bigger (back and cup), softer bras since about 12 weeks. I need to make space for more bigger, softer bras as I didn't have any space for new ones in the first place!

I'm now wondering: will I ever go back to my pre-pregnancy size? Is it worth getting rid of my old ones or am I likely to fit in then in future and therefore shove them in a bag up the attic (once that's been boarded...soon, hopefully!)? I like to keep clutter to a minimum but obviously don't want to have to spend a fortune buying them again if I would go back to that size.

I've seen lots of threads about sizes being bigger after birth/during breastfeeding but not much about after that.

Dixiechick17 Mon 28-Mar-16 23:14:29

I'd keep hold of a few just in case. I really thought I wouldn't go back to my pre pregnancy boobs, but sadly once I stopped breastfeeding two months ago they shrunk back down to their pre pregnancy size sad

KatharinaRosalie Tue 29-Mar-16 11:43:46

I've had 2 kids in 3 years and went back to pre-pregnancy size about a week after I stopped BFing, both times. So certainly made sense to keep the bras.

Runningupthathill82 Tue 29-Mar-16 14:27:29

Keep them! Especially if this is your first pregnancy and you plan on having more children, as your size will change so often.

Pre-DC1 I was a 32FF. Got up to a 34G during that pregnancy, and post-pregnancy my feeding bras were anything from a 34G to a 34HH.

After I stopped feeding I went down to a 30E and stayed there until I became pregnant with DC2.

I was so glad I'd kept my old bras as, sure enough, during my second pregnancy I went through all the 32s that I'd kept in the attic and then up to a 34G again.

Now 9 weeks postnatal (with a stone still to lose) and wearing the 32FFs that I wore pre-DC1.

Bras, especially decent ones, are expensive. Hang onto them, as your size is likely to change very rapidly after you give birth, and you don't want to be buying all new underwear in countless sizes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now