Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Awful cough

(5 Posts)
Jenjen85 Sun 27-Mar-16 19:20:34

Im currently 17+4 and iv had an awful cough since Friday. It feels like I'm choking when I'm coughing and my chest wheezes. (sorry tmi) I cough that hard that it sometimes makes me wee a little blush I also have a bit of a sore throat too. Is there anything I can take to help it? Iv been sucking on jakemans cough sweets but they aren't really helping.

LadyFarnborough Sun 27-Mar-16 21:24:49

I've had an annoying thickly cough since before getting pregnant. Asked in Boots and was told I couldn't take anything and should just use glycerin or honey and lemon. Sympathies - it's annoying!

winewolfhowls Sun 27-Mar-16 22:02:48

Exactly the same here. Same weeks too. Am steaming my head a lot.

It's grim

FuzzyOwl Sun 27-Mar-16 22:09:30

I have spent my entire pregnancy with either a couch, sinus problems or a sore throat generally all at once and have tried to pretend that hot squash and paracetamol help, but to be honest I don't think anything does do a lot.

emmac3616 Sun 27-Mar-16 22:42:55

I had a chest infection at 34weeks and GP gave me antibiotics... needs to be on your chest though I think...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now