Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second due in two weeks - please help allay my fear!

(5 Posts)
milkyman Sat 26-Mar-16 16:43:22

Had lots of people say 'just you wait' and how hard having two is! Srcond wasnt planned and had traumatic birth with first. C section this time but found 1st year really hard. Please tell me it will be ok!

MsFiremanSam Sat 26-Mar-16 17:01:00

My second has been a million times easier than my first. You know what you're doing and what to expect - I've enjoyed it much more. So much so, I'm expecting number three!
Just wait until you see them play together - ours are best buddies now!

Everythinggettingbigger Sat 26-Mar-16 18:50:26

My 2nd due in 8 weeks and have these comments constantly. ....it's got me petrified!! My first is really good so here's to hoping he takes after his big brother!

kaymondo Sat 26-Mar-16 20:03:17

It's hard from a practical sense sometimes in terms of juggling different needs, but actually as a whole I found no 2 loads easier. You know what to expect so are generally more relaxed. Also, you don't have the time to sit and dwell on every little thing as you're up and about busy maintaining routine for DC1.

With DC1 I struggled to get out of my PJ's some days. With DC2 we were up and out at our usual playgroups/activities and, whilst getting out the door could be a challenge some days, actually I felt much better for being back in the real world.

Some people love to scaremonger but you'll be fine - just get organised and don't worry if the baby has to be left to cry for a few mins every now and again, it really won't do them any harm.

Icecappedpinetrees Sat 26-Mar-16 20:08:00

Expecting second in six weeks - am really anxious and stressed about it given that my toddler has developed 'challenging' behaviours recently and that I hated the newborn stage and I had PND and and and and and

But no, it will be different this time. And I know I can get through it. Sorry I can't get rid of your fears but at least we can be terrified together grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now