Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

breech baby 33 weeks

(9 Posts)
ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Fri 25-Mar-16 20:21:14

I know baby can change position but after being head down all along hes turned breech and its just so uncomfy! Every time he kicks I think I'm going to wee myself (and may have had some leaks blush)
Not even sure why I'm posting about it!

Frank85 Fri 25-Mar-16 21:01:05

I had that kept getting little heels punching my cervix
Then saw star wars at xmas and she flipped round in the cinema!!!

Quodlibet Fri 25-Mar-16 21:04:14

Have a look at the Spinning Babies website. I had this and she turned back.

Everythinggettingbigger Fri 25-Mar-16 21:45:00

Same at 32 weeks! Was actually 3 5th engaged at 28 weeks and managed to turn himself around to breech! If he kicks while I'm walking it honestly feels like he's going to come out 🙊 bouncing on a ball during periods of movement is meant to help encourage them to turn!

skankingpiglet Fri 25-Mar-16 23:26:55

My DD was breech and it was so so uncomfortable from very early on (28wks). My midwife told me they do tend to be much more uncomfortable to carry.
You have a good chance they'll turn back if they've only just flipped. Done it once, can do it again smile I don't know when DD got stuck breech, but it was so early and she was so well wedged the odds were always going to be against us. I'm not sure she ever achieved head down as even in the early days the midwife had her as traverse. I'm currently 25wks with DD2 and she's currently traverse too. Really hoping this one will go head down and we can try for a vbac (and driving won't be a trial for the next three months! That was when DD was most painful).
There is lots you can do to encourage them to turn. Fingers crossed for you OP!

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Fri 25-Mar-16 23:50:59

Thank you for the replies!
frank I'll have to try cinema and star wars :D
quod thank you I'll check out that page
everything it is so uncomfy isn't it, thought it was bad enough head down with the pressure but the kicks really do feel like he's kicking his way out, hope baby turns for you too, and I'll get bouncing!
skanking I've heard transverse can be quite painful?! Ouch! I hope dd2 changes position for you! Are you allowed to try evc if she doesn't move? (Consultant said I can't due to bleeding I've been having)

skankingpiglet Sat 26-Mar-16 00:03:35

Ah, she's still too small to be painful at the moment thankfully. I had DD1's head wedged under the RHS of my ribcage for months so it can't get worse than that (I hope!).
I had an ECV with DD1. It didn't work, was very painful, and I found out afterwards can be incredibly risky. If I had that time over I wouldn't agree to it. I now can't have another if I wanted to as I ended up with an elcs due to breech.

Quietlygoingmad67 Sat 26-Mar-16 00:15:32

My dd2 was breech - discovered at a sizing scan at 36 weeks! I hadn't put much weight in during pregnancy and she was big so all a tight fit! I was offered the choice of turning her or a ecs. Thankfully I went with the ecs as she was 10lb 4oz and bottoms first with feet above her head!! She was doing her gymnastic stretching before she was born! Good luck

Everythinggettingbigger Sat 26-Mar-16 08:08:46

Yes it is! I don't remember feeling this uncomfortable with DS1 and he was engaged from very early on! Woken up at 2 am by kicks to the hip was not my idea of a good night's sleep! Let's hope they turn soon! Boys eh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now