Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Runny eggs?

(11 Posts)
emilygremily Fri 25-Mar-16 07:21:54

I am 8 weeks and all I can think about is runny eggs has anyone else eaten them?

NickNacks Fri 25-Mar-16 07:23:02

It's fine if they are lion stamped eggs (and not from your neighbours chickens for example).

Nan0second Fri 25-Mar-16 07:23:47

Yes if lion stamped then have been vaccinated for salmonella so fine

Nan0second Fri 25-Mar-16 07:24:11

...and now I need eggs for breakfast so thanks for that!!

emilygremily Fri 25-Mar-16 07:24:35

Oh really smile that's great then I am off to have eggs and toast smile

NickNacks Fri 25-Mar-16 07:25:09

grin me too! (I'm not pregnant though!)

DartmoorDoughnut Fri 25-Mar-16 07:26:15

Crack on grin sorry couldn't resist!

DrWhy Fri 25-Mar-16 07:27:51

My midwife (Scotland) told me that I absolutely wasn't to have them, I specifically asked about lion marked eggs having repeatedly read on Mumsnet that they were fine - she looked at me like she had no idea what I was talking about and repeated again 'no, no runny eggs'.
Having done some reading, lion marked eggs are only vaccinated against the most common type of salmonella not all.
That said I've also done some reading about the possible risks and decided that I'm happy to eat them occasionally, salmonella seems to be more unpleasant for the mum unlike listeria that is the risk from sofy mouldy cheeses which can be very dangerous for baby.
So, the NHS says no, like everything else you can do your own research and make your own decision.

dementedpixie Fri 25-Mar-16 07:32:09

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/runny-eggs-safe-for-pregnant-women-to-eat-says-report-a6844826.html

DrWhy Fri 25-Mar-16 07:35:15

The report above is good news, let's hope the NHS catch up soon and I can stop feeling guilty about ignoring the NHS guidance which still just says no (below).
www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx#cooked

seven201 Fri 25-Mar-16 08:45:46

I love a runny lion stamped egg - 27 weeks here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now