Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

High risk sfg baby... how soon do I get prepped?!

(9 Posts)
Pagetta Thu 24-Mar-16 22:13:53

I'm 28 weeks due mid June. DS1 was 9 days late so I had my head geared up for mid-late June arrival.
But low papp a and crappy uterine flow mean scans every 3 weeks and high risk of growth slowing - which would mean early delivery.
Obvs I have worries about baby - but from a purely practical point of view how soon do I get prepped??
We're moving early may (hopefully if house finished!) And I figured we'd sort out all the baby stuff when we moved but am panicking that maybe should just prep now?!
Moses basket / blankets and sleep Suits are the staples right?? What would be your key things to sort out for baby??
(Just to add baby currently measuring on the top line of growth chart so far so good!)

Sophia1984 Thu 24-Mar-16 22:27:49

Car seat and nappies :-)

ELA88 Fri 25-Mar-16 04:07:21

My first pregnancy was high risk and baby was growing slowly so I had regular growth scans. At my 36 week scan the consultant booked me in for a sweep on the day I turned 37 weeks and an induction the following week. DS1 was born at 38 weeks after being induced and weighed 5lb 7, so luckily not quite as small as they were expecting. If baby is estimated small birth weight then definitely get some prem vests / baby grows as even tiny baby size drowned him for a few weeks! Xx

northdownmummy Fri 25-Mar-16 04:34:10

Car seat, something to wear and somewhere to sleep. Everything else is just clutter and nice to have. Plus you can send family and friends to pick up nappies and anything else you need when the little one arrives
Good luck

eurochick Fri 25-Mar-16 04:41:28

I had problems with uterine flow and the baby's growth. I made it to 33 and a bit weeks before they said the baby needed to come out as soon as a NICU cot was available. She was delivered at 34 weeks exactly. Big hugs. I know how stressful this time can be.

eurochick Fri 25-Mar-16 04:41:49

I had problems with uterine flow and the baby's growth. I made it to 33 and a bit weeks before they said the baby needed to come out as soon as a NICU cot was available. She was delivered at 34 weeks exactly. Big hugs. I know how stressful this time can be.

eurochick Fri 25-Mar-16 06:10:36

eurochick Fri 25-Mar-16 06:11:27

Oops sorry - I had a message saying that hadn't posted!

Pagetta Fri 25-Mar-16 11:07:57

thanks all - i have next scan at 30 weeks so i think if that's ok will spend the 3 weeks after prepping. (if its not will have more to worry about than this!)
have asked DH to dig out car seat, isofix, and bag of newborn stuff to get washed and ready, my brother is bringing the moses basket next week and I will pick up a pack of tiny nappies just in case... hopefully whatever happens it won't be 'emergency' delivery and will at least have a day or two to panic prep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now