Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nanny cam that works with iPhone/iPad - anyone got one?

(5 Posts)
Elephantslovetofly Thu 24-Mar-16 18:46:43

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but I am hoping there are people who can help!

We are looking for a camera to keep an eye on the baby that we can view on our phones/iPads if downstairs. Lots of them just seem to come with their own monitors. Also wondering if there are any that allow you to view the camera remotely (I.e. If away from house wifi signal) - not sure if we will need this or not, but might be useful if my husband wants to look at the sleeping baby whilst he is away for work :-)

Have you a good or bad experience with a particular camera? Budget not too much of an issue, but don't want to spend silly money

Nicky333 Thu 24-Mar-16 19:52:45

My sister has the Motorola Blink83 which is about £70 and that's what I'm going to get. It connects to the iPad or iPhone and as you view it through the app, I think it can be viewed remotely.

purpleporpoise Thu 24-Mar-16 19:55:32

We got one from Amazon, it's an Annke and was about £50. It records if you put a memory card in. We just use it as a video monitor

magpie17 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:01:15

I use an app called Baby Monitor, it cost £2.99! I set my iPad up as the 'child unit' so it records DS (I bought a flexible arm holder thing from Amazon to get the angle) and my phone/DH's iPad is the 'parent unit' so you can watch baby. You can also talk to baby, play music, white noise etc through it. It works with wifi and 3/4G so you can check in if you are out of the house, my DH often peeks in to see DS during the day from work.

The whole thing, including the arm/holder thing, cost less than £20 and has served us well for 8 months! I kept meaning to buy a proper monitor but this has worked so well it isn't a priority.

It works best if you have an iPad as the screen is obviously bigger for watching DC. We both have one so its pretty flexible.

BeaArthursUnderpants Thu 24-Mar-16 20:41:11

We have a dropcam. It does everything you've described and more. It's a bit more expensive than the other similar things but it's so easy to set up and the quality of the video is excellent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now