Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Paranoid about bump

(13 Posts)
Helen1828 Tue 22-Mar-16 20:47:30

Hi all,
I'm having a really paranoid moment. I had my 25 week midwife appointment yesterday. she listened to heartbeat and felt top of uterus which was a few cm above my belly button.
I had hoped she'd measure me. But she says they don't do that until 28 weeks. I've had variety of issues in pregnancy including OHSS and awful braxton hicks.
I've attached picture of bump. Is it small? What do people think?

FurryFox Tue 22-Mar-16 20:50:52

I think you have a lovely bump there, no idea if it's big or small for 25 weeks as all women differ massively in terms of shape and size of bumps but enjoy your bump before it gets so big you can't even get off the sofa wink

DowntonDiva Tue 22-Mar-16 20:53:41

Looks about right to me . First baby?

I received a lot of comments re: how small I was. Had a proper growth spurt about 28-30 weeks. First baby here too.

Ligament stretching was agony could barely move some days. Also had very strong BH since 26 weeks.

How about a private reassurance scan? MW only measures manually with a measuring tape and it is very very estimate.

Friends recent experience with manual measuring. 1 measuring very very large talk of early induction etc... 7lb baby at term. One measuring "normal" had a 11lb baby at term. Colleague measured so big she was terrified to give birth and was fighting for a section. 6lb baby at 38 weeks.

Hope this helps you relax thanks

socktastic Tue 22-Mar-16 20:54:28

I'm also 25 weeks and I think my bump is about the same if not smaller than yours. I'm not going to be measured until 28 weeks either, I think that's pretty standard.

Helen1828 Tue 22-Mar-16 21:18:11

Thanks all for responding! All comments make me feel better!!

Yes first baby and had awful BH since 21 weeks I could hardly walk! Happens so many time a day 😔!! Also suffered ligament stretching like you DowntonDiva!! Goodness, can't believe the different measurements your friends got and what the baby actually weighed!!

Yes I was thinking about having a private scan, will look into it tomorrow. I can't help but get bad anxiety so hopefully will put my mind at ease!!

DowntonDiva Tue 22-Mar-16 21:31:24

Try to stay positive. I took every new sign, symptom, odd side effect as a signal my pregnancy was progressing and everything happening as it should. Helped when it was making me feel down. What to Expect When You're Expecting has been my bible.

I know, I have been shocked! My antenatal group alone is such a variety of bumps and baby sizes. Really can never tell.

I was also convinced the early BH meant I might delivery early. Baby is showing no signs of budging and I'm 39 weeks.

Annabrooke90 Tue 22-Mar-16 22:33:03

Looks fine to me every woman is different I don't really get a visible bump until 30+ weeks. My fourth was born at 34 weeks and I'd only just gotten a bump lol he was a nice weight too. Don't worry it is common, especially in first pregnancies.

Annabrooke90 Tue 22-Mar-16 22:38:51

Found a picture hope it makes you feel better about sizes, this was taken at 33 weeks he was born 1 week later weighing 6ib :D

Sophia1984 Tue 22-Mar-16 22:46:13

Doesn't look small to me. i'm almost 21 weeks and not that pronounced a bump yet :-) Was baby on track for size at 20w scan? That's a much more accurate measurement I think.

Runningupthathill82 Tue 22-Mar-16 23:04:32

I was definitely smaller than that at 25 weeks in my first pregnancy. Don't worry!

Helen1828 Wed 23-Mar-16 08:52:18

Thanks all for putting my mind at ease!! xxx

BookLover94 Fri 25-Mar-16 02:54:48

I'm 28 weeks and your bump is bigger than mine smile I was really worried as I've only gained 2lbs so far but baby is measuring great and is really healthy. I don't think bump size matters really!

novemberchild Fri 25-Mar-16 15:10:46

You look about right for 1st baby. I was the same around then with DD. Now on my third I am huge, ah well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now