Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fresh cream

(17 Posts)
Chocoholicmonster Tue 22-Mar-16 17:14:38

Fresh cream - yay or nay?
I've tried looking online but cant get a clear answer. Brought a scone with fresh cream & jam in & now I'm not sure if I should eat it. Thank you x

AdvocateNotAdvocat Tue 22-Mar-16 17:15:34

Fine. It's pasteurised

Pinkheart5915 Tue 22-Mar-16 17:16:45

I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant and I have had so many scones and cream.

Eat it and enjoy

fitzbilly Tue 22-Mar-16 17:16:50

Of coarse your can eat it.

JanetOfTheApes Tue 22-Mar-16 17:19:37

Of course you can eat cream. What do you imagine the problem could be?

Artioo2 Tue 22-Mar-16 17:19:52

It's fine. If you can't get a clear answer online then that generally means it's nothing to worry about! The NHS foods in pregnancy list is the one I go by.

Chocoholicmonster Tue 22-Mar-16 17:30:55

That's what I've been using mostly too, Artioo2 - Thank you all smile

JanetOfTheApes - I don't know, hence why I asked. smile When it's the first healthy pregnancy after a few miscarriages you'd rather just play safe to be honest. And when searching online has mixed answers with the bad ones screaming all horrific side effects at you, I didn't see the issue to spend 30 seconds asking Mumsnet rather than worrying.

JanetOfTheApes Tue 22-Mar-16 17:40:07

There is playing it safe, and there is being obsessed. Unless you are going to consult mn about every thing you eat, you need to chill a bit.
I've had multiple m/c, but getting obsessive about what you eat achieves nothing.

If you find websites that tell you there are horrific side effects (like what?) from eating cream, you are well into the crazy part of Dr Google. Step away!

Mslg Tue 22-Mar-16 17:43:05

Janet I agree, there's cautious and there's silly. Bit of common sense and the NHS website should be your guide. Otherwise, the neurotics on Google will chip away at your sanity.

DrE678 Tue 22-Mar-16 17:43:19

Ignore Janetoftheapes and congrats on your pregnancy. It wasn't an unreasonable question if you weren't sure.

Pinkheart5915 Tue 22-Mar-16 17:43:20

There is nothing wrong with double checking.
It is ok to worry and ask the question if you are not sure.

Chocoholicmonster Tue 22-Mar-16 17:53:55

JanetOfTheApes & Mslg - A simple yes or no to my simple question would of done ... But thank you for the time you've both taken out of your day to criticise my question all the same smile

Thank you to everyone else. I shall go & enjoy my cream scone now brew

JanetOfTheApes Tue 22-Mar-16 17:55:50

I was trying to be helpful, but whatever. Enjoy the extreme anxiety instead hmm

Mslg Tue 22-Mar-16 18:00:46

Ditto, I've had a miscarriage as well and would drive myself mad if I questioned and googled every morsel that I ate with this pregnancy hmm

wonkylegs Tue 22-Mar-16 18:00:52

As everybody has said its fine. I used the NHS guidance + a dash of common sense but after a late miscarraige last year I do understand the over cautiousness. I'm only just relaxing now (33wks) but still have moments of anxiety - although I can't eat anything now as I have GD and am on iron tablets for anemia and that restricts what you can eat even further. End is in sight now though - I have a doughnut and a pizza washed down with a G&T. followed by runny cheese crackers in my sights.

SoniaShoe Tue 22-Mar-16 18:01:20

I'm 26 weeks and now really want a cream and jam scone like you described! Thinking about where to get one on my way home from work..

There is nothing wrong with getting a bit of reassurance on here to things you're unsure about BTW.

AdvocateNotAdvocat Tue 22-Mar-16 18:01:38

No question is too silly OP. Enjoy your scone and good luck with your pregnancy. BTW the NHS website is a good source of information if you're worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now