Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

did anyone else's 12 week scan look a little strange?!

(11 Posts)
Cosycottage4 Sun 20-Mar-16 09:21:18

Feel totally awful for saying this, but I can't help thinking the pic from our 12 week scan looks a little peculiar... Baby looks like s/he has a very long pointy face and the head is not really rounded... I just looks so different to my DD's 12 week scan (she actually looks very much like her scan pic even now!)

I know the scan is not a picture and the angle is probably a bit funny but I HATE the fact that I'm focusing on this despite being overjoyed that everything looks to be developing normally.

Has anyone else felt this way?!

FourForYouGlenCoco Sun 20-Mar-16 09:45:53

DD's 12 week scan looked like Ghostface from the Scream film. At the 20w scan she looked like a dinosaur. She was pretty cute when she came out.
Am pg again and this baby looked like an alien at 12w. Grim! Am sure I'll think he's beautiful once he's out. The 20w scan was surprisingly not too bad!
I've always thought creepy scans were par for the course & actually quite funny. Don't let it worry you; once baby arrives you'll think s/he is the most perfect, gorgeous thing you've ever seen, regardless of what s/he actually looks like anyway smile

FourForYouGlenCoco Sun 20-Mar-16 09:48:44

For illustrative purposes. This pg at 12w scan. Horrible. grin

Cosycottage4 Sun 20-Mar-16 09:57:13

Haha thank you four, good to know I'm not alone :-) everyone else seems to have such gorgeous pics, I'm ashamed to say I'm reluctant to share mine when telling people the good news confused x

Arborea Sun 20-Mar-16 19:45:27

Ours looked like one of the characters from a Nightmare Before Christmas - but was perfectly normal and cute when born, so don't worry! (Baby was also a master wriggler - if yours is the same then that would explain it's just a funny angle!)

MNetter15 Sun 20-Mar-16 19:50:46

I was convinced that DS didn't have any arms (when I looked at the scan picture, at home) and didn't relax about it until the next scan at 20 weeks.

Artioo2 Sun 20-Mar-16 19:51:10

The only scan photo we've showed people this pregnancy is a cute one of a pair of crossed feet, because the ones of the face were so weird. smile

Sorelip Sun 20-Mar-16 19:56:12

DS2's 12w scan reminded me of the Mothman prophecies cover. Quite terrifying.

Clueless16 Sun 20-Mar-16 20:10:54

Oh I've been there..then came the 20week one which was hideous!
Delighted to report it bore no resemblance to my beautiful DD xxx

TattieHowkerz Sun 20-Mar-16 20:35:59

DD looked like an alien in the 12 week scan. She also didn't move. Just floated there, staring out with her big alien eyes and rows of fangs.

Cosycottage4 Sun 20-Mar-16 21:26:21

Thank you so much ladies, feel SO much better reading these :-) Fingers crossed the 20 week scan will be better!! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now