Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brown spotting at 15 weeks - pls help

(5 Posts)
Ipushedmygrannyaffabus Sat 19-Mar-16 01:32:29

Sorry, I feel like I do nothing but moan on this board but I'm really worried. Over the past 3/4 days I,ve noticed a tiny (and I mean tiny) sort of stringy bit of light brown discharge when I wipe after a pee. Wasn't too concerned. But I've just been to the toilet and when I wiped there was more brown discharge. Almost like what I would get pre-period. There's no fresh blood and. I'm not bleeding. I have had a bit of stomach pain, but I,ve been having loads of stomach cramps on and off for a few weeks due to being constipated (TMI, I'm sorry!) and they,ve been high up on my stomach, not low down. Did notice quite a few tonight but didn't think much of it until this spotting. I haven't had sex or done anything that could have caused the spotting. Going to phone nhs24 in the morning but in the meantime, has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal?

Beahun Sat 19-Mar-16 01:47:09

Yes, I had brown spotting too when I was 8 weeks. I called the midwife, next day I had an appointment in the hospital and everything was ok luckily. Don't wait just in case. Hope everything will be ok. Do you have a number you can call? I'm sure you can even call up your local hospital to ask what to do. They might even tell you to come in to have a scan.

Warpdog Sat 19-Mar-16 14:32:27

Hello, just wanted to share something positive. I had spotting/bleeding around 15 weeks with my son (he's 2 now). I was petrified because I have a history of mc. It happened again around 19 weeks. But they had no idea why. I was quite stressed during this time. I hope all is well with you.

Ipushedmygrannyaffabus Sat 19-Mar-16 23:54:47

Thanks both. Went to maternity triage and they did a swab - looks like it may just be thrush or an irritation in my vagina, nothing wrong with baby. Got to hear heartbeat which was lovely and strong. Hospital we're lovely and I'm very relieved I went!

Beahun Tue 22-Mar-16 22:49:26

That's great news! Congratulation and good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now