Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any advice please?

(3 Posts)
Robbins81 Fri 18-Mar-16 10:04:58

Hi, I'm normally a bit of a lurker but I'm really hoping some of you can share your stories.

I'm 10 weeks and 3 days pregnant, I started bleeding on Wednesday evening, just brown blood when I went to the toilet. We called the maternity unit who said to go to a&e. Once there the said as it wasn't red blood abd I wasn't in any pain to go home and come back in 2 days for a scan, unless anything changed.

Yesterday the bleeding changed to a rusty red again only when I wiped. I went back to the hospital. They gave me a blood test and a scan. The lady who done it said at the start she don't normally found scans and she wasn't an expert. She said the baby was a bit on the small side, when I asked how small she kind of looked up to the celling and said ' oh about 5 week's ' the babys heartbeat was present, she found it difficult to record the bpm and took several attempts but the heart rate ranged between 104 & 120 bpm which she said was low.

My bloods also showed I have low progesterone.

The bleeding has stopped this morning, which I'm praying is a good sign.

Just wondered if anyone has any stories to share? Or any thoughts on this?

Xxx

Alice1983 Fri 18-Mar-16 20:15:58

Maybe try and get a Progesterone prescription?

FatimaLovesBread Fri 18-Mar-16 20:19:36

Can you try get another appointment with someone more experienced at scanning? Maybe the epau clinic?

I wouldn't expect it to measure 5 weeks and have a heartbeat, heartbeat tends to come once it 6-7 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now