Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6weeks pregnant and worried this isn't normal

(13 Posts)
sizeofalentil Wed 16-Mar-16 23:23:42

Hello,

I'm posting here for information as well as support because I'm actually quite scared about this and have no one in real life I can talk to.

Just found out that I'm 6 weeks pregnant (four positives tests and have a doc appointment on Monday AM) but for the last few days I have been getting mild period pain-like stomach cramps and today I had a few spots of pale pink discharge.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Should I be worried?

VocationalGoat Wed 16-Mar-16 23:29:26

Totally, totally normal. It's implantation bleeding which is more like a pinkish discharge. I've had terrible cramps in early pregnancy with all 3 of my kids. Try a warm hot water bottle and take paracetamol. It's perfectly safe. I find that by reducing the pain, you reduce your anxiety. That's always a good thing during these early weeks.Do take it easy though.
Congratulations!flowers

sizeofalentil Wed 16-Mar-16 23:33:11

Thank you so much for your reply. Your kindness just actually made me cry.

But for some reason, EVERYTHING is making me cry right now. I can't speak to one of my co-workers at the moment because he has such kind eyes that I well-up every time I look at him. Seriously, he asked me if I'd seen the stapler today and I nearly burst in to tears.

No one knows yet so everyone must think I'm having a break down. blush

VocationalGoat Wed 16-Mar-16 23:52:33

Oh you poor thing...smile Oh my goodness it's so incredibly normal. I was absolutely always the same throughout pregnancy. Lots of tears and lumps in the throat. smile

I'll never ever forget going through where you're at now with my first one...the utter panic! He's 14 now and gives me a headache! grin

You have so much to look forward to. Just look after yourself. Lay low when you're home and take it easy at work. Don't over do things. flowers

dats Wed 16-Mar-16 23:53:59

Oh bless you. Staplers are a really amazing invention, though grin

Congrats - it's nigh-on impossible not to worry but chances are, you'll be just fine. One day at a time.

rightguard Thu 17-Mar-16 00:02:48

Oh bless you. You're obviously a raging mess of hormones, which is a good thing smile

And congratulations flowers

JizzyStradlin Thu 17-Mar-16 20:38:08

Standard.

sizeofalentil Thu 17-Mar-16 23:26:43

Sadly, I started bleeding properly today and went to a&e. After 5 hours of waiting they gave me a pregnancy test (positive, unsurprisingly) and told me to go to a walk-in early pregnancy clinic in the morning to get a scan.

I'm trying to be realistic here, but I don't think it's going to be good news.

Bleeding like a medium-heavy period and have a dull ache. sad

JizzyStradlin Fri 18-Mar-16 07:22:46

I don't have any experience of the bleeding, but didn't want to read and run. Hope everything goes ok for you. The ache is incredibly normal, and certainly there are women who have bled through normal pregnancies. Hopefully you are getting some rest now.

violetmoon5 Fri 18-Mar-16 20:37:01

Big hugs!!! Fingers xd for you! xxx

sizeofalentil Tue 22-Mar-16 13:25:45

Sadly, I lost the pregnancy. Have had a few days of being very, very sad, but am feeling quietly hopeful for the future.

Thank you for all your kindness and support. I'll post again on the MC section, maybe, when I've got my head around it a bit more.

violetmoon5 Tue 22-Mar-16 15:12:20

Sadly me too. Spent all day in hospital discovering i have an ectopic pregnancy I'm waitin for it to complete now. sad big big hugs xxx

Jamjar12 Tue 22-Mar-16 18:00:25

I'm so sorry sad

I've only just found out I'm pregnant and am also feeling very over emotional. Your comment about the staple really made me laugh!
I didn't expect such a sad ending to your pregnancy and I just wanted to extend my thoughts and love to you- I really hope you are doing ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now