Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Struggling with morning sickness

(14 Posts)
Summerblaze100 Wed 16-Mar-16 06:35:58

I am about 7 weeks pg with DC #4. I am feeling wretched. I have 24hr nausea which feels exactly like having a sickness bug without being sick.

I feel like such a fraud as I know some women are actually sick but I can't function much, feel depressed and am filled with horror at this lasting another 7 weeks or more.

I had ms with all my other DC but not like this.

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 16-Mar-16 06:47:34

I feel your pain op. I was hospitalised 4 times when I was pregnant with dc1 due to hyperemesis... I'm 8 weeks pg with dc2 at the moment and up until a few days ago, I naively believed I had escaped the sickness. Then it hit me like a lorry. I spent most of last night crouched next to the toilet being sick, and then this morning water has made me vom sad I will try and get a dr appointment when they open at 8am and see if they will give me some of Magic antisickness pills they gave me last time!!

Summerblaze100 Wed 16-Mar-16 07:13:54

I haven't actually been sick. I've tried but I can't. Don't think I've eaten enough for anything to come up. Eating makes me feel sick, not eating makes me feel sick. I've tried all the usual tricks and none work. sad

RayofFuckingSunshine Wed 16-Mar-16 07:20:05

I was very sick with this pregnancy up till around 25 weeks. You really have my sympathy, you say that you're not being sick but the nausea for me was by far the worst part of it - when I was sick it at least felt productive!

It's easier said than done, but try and drink small bits of water, or even lucozade if you can manage it and aren't managing to eat. And get thee to a doctor to see if they will prescribe anti emetics, let them know how debilitating it is and how much it's effecting you. They can prescribe for nausea, although I know some don't like to. But really, it is exhausting and debilitating and if they can give you something to make it a bit more bareable then get it!

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 16-Mar-16 07:23:43

Totally agree that nausea is worse than actually vomiting.
At least when i vomit, I feel like the nausea was for a reason!

Flowzer Wed 16-Mar-16 12:39:04

I'm feeling exactly the same Summerblaze....hideous isn't it. I feel starving hungry but so sick from the minute I get up in the morning to the minute I go to sleep at night. Whether I eat or don't eat makes no difference.

Not been sick and I am managing to keep everything down, but eating and drinking ANYTHING is a real struggle, even water is hard work. Totally miserable.

You're not alone!

Marshpillow Wed 16-Mar-16 12:52:27

Agree with everyone who says nausea is worse than being sick! Sending lots of sympathy. Sip water and nibble carbs. flowers

mellowyellow1 Wed 16-Mar-16 12:59:23

Sending lots of sympathy, I went to the doctors and got some tablets, it was the only way I could keep anything down.

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 16-Mar-16 13:05:57

After chugging my guts up all night and this morning, I went to the dr and got Metoclopromide tablets.....I took one at about 11:30 and by 12:30 I was eating a sandwich without even a hint of nausea

Summerblaze100 Wed 16-Mar-16 15:03:07

I am a worrier by nature and am worse when pregnant. Am terrified of taking tablets, even paracetamol in pregnancy. Are they safe and will they even give them out if you aren't actually being sick.

Bessie111 Wed 16-Mar-16 15:38:18

Hi, yes if the nausea is so bad you cannot function they'll give you tablets, but there are different ones so if the first don't work revisit docs. I couldn't drive, leave house or really function for all 3 of mine but the sooner you get medication the more effective it is. It does end. Try and work out if you have trigger foods, mine is sugar, anything at all with sugar or sweetener in used to knock me out for days, I ate a lot of plain salad and rice lol!!! Good luck, it is hideous, but it does end x

MoonriseKingdom Wed 16-Mar-16 15:42:11

Lots of sympathy from me. flowers
I had awful nausea in my first pregnancy. I had no vomiting but still really struggled to even drink. I lost weight despite not vomiting and had to take time off work as I couldn't function. I was prescribed cyclizine but I'm not sure it helped. Unfortunately medications are often better for the vomiting than the nausea but go and see your GP.

This pregnancy I have been vomiting since 5 weeks (now 12). Not in the realms of HG but quite bad at times. Cyclizine has helped. I would say that for me the first pregnancy with no vomiting was worse because I do feel some relief from nausea after vomiting. I am actually eating/ drinking better than last time.

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 16-Mar-16 15:46:59

If the nausea is so bad you can't function properly then they should give you something!!
The nurse was reluctant to give me anything today even though I've been puking up everything I've attempted to swallow, including water. The way I see it, dehydration and not eating is more dangerous to my baby than the slim possibility of a drug causing any problems xx

squeezed Thu 17-Mar-16 11:22:42

I'm 31 weeks and have had to try different medications to get to the point that I'm feeling more normal. The medications are safe and can make a big difference.
Resting is a priority and makes a huge difference. I found ice pops, tinned fruit and coke help on the bad days just to get fluids down. Eat whatever you can, but the "bad for you" food seem to stay down better, toast, crisps, chips. I'm only just starting to be able to keep veg down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now