Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I pregnant?! Please help!

(13 Posts)
sharon2016 Tue 15-Mar-16 08:51:21

Hi all,

We have been ttc for two months. I am now five days late for my period. On my first day of my missed period I took a Clearblue pregnancy test...The horizontal line was really clear, but the vertical line was SOOOOO faint I literally didn't know if I was imaging the line or not!!!

I have been pregnant before and I feel the same... I just 'know' Im pregnant if you know what I mean!! Sorry to sound crazy!! I am wondering if it is too early to take another pregnancy test!? I really don't know what to do!

Symptoms: Sense of smell, mild nausea comes and go, mild cramping similar to period, and SOO clumsy!!!

Any advice welcome! I am just so confused and don't know whether to take another test! I am NEVER late for my period!!

Thanks x

Pootles2010 Tue 15-Mar-16 08:55:10

If you are 5 days late, then thats the perfect time to test. Tests are generally reliable from the day your period is due. Symptoms mean nothing, sorry.

No one here can tell you, you just have to do a test.

LaurieLemons Tue 15-Mar-16 09:04:52

If it really was a line then it will be much darker now. I took 3 tests I think one a day and even then the line gradually got darker each time. Good luck

Artioo2 Tue 15-Mar-16 09:31:20

Of course you should take another test if your period is five days late. smile If there was a line on the first test, that was a positive, it doesn't matter how light it was if you read it within the time frame.

sharon2016 Tue 15-Mar-16 09:50:59

Thanks so much for the feedback. I have read online that the tests sometimes don't pick up the pregnancy hormone really early in the pregnancy, especially as I ovulate quite late in the month. I will do another test tomorrow I think; I just don't want to do another test too 'early' and get confused again about the results!! I would be so gutted if its a confusing result again!

Pootles2010 Tue 15-Mar-16 09:59:12

Early is before your period is due - so three or four days before, they can pick something up. It should be quite clear by now, i would have thought.

Artioo2 Tue 15-Mar-16 10:07:06

If you look on the box of the test it will tell you the accuracy on the days leading up to your period. It's usually extremely high by the day your period is due, 99% or something. I've read of people taking a few days to get a positive after their period is due, but it's much, much more common for the test to pick it up sooner.

sharon2016 Tue 15-Mar-16 11:46:51

Ahhh I cracked and just ran out to buy another test!! 100% pregnant!! Woohoo!!! Fingers crossed the next 12 weeks go smoothly!

Pootles2010 Tue 15-Mar-16 11:54:55

Congratulations!

Flossiesmummy Tue 15-Mar-16 12:31:02

Congratulations OP thanks

Junosmum Tue 15-Mar-16 12:33:46

fantastic.

sharon2016 Tue 15-Mar-16 13:52:07

Thanks all!! Very exciting, no idea how I will keep this a secret for 12 weeks!!

bumblebumbling Wed 16-Mar-16 18:15:24

Congratulations!! I got my BFP on Sunday. When do you think your due date is?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now