Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

starting to feel better but still can't eat certain foods

(7 Posts)
foxessocks Mon 14-Mar-16 17:29:09

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and just starting to manage some evening meals again but the problem is I just can't stomach certain foods still. The thought of stir fry makes me feel ill. As does anything with chicken thighs in. And some pasta meals sometimes and also a lot of fish meals.

I'm getting worried because all the stuff I can't manage is the stuff that's healthy! I managed my first proper evening meal on Saturday and it was takeaway sausage and chips...not good I know but I ate the whole lot and actually enjoyed it for once!

My dd and dh are eating different meals from me sometimes so they can have curries and stir frys without me but often we eat the same thing which means my 2 year old has had lots of baked potatos and cheese and as per tonight chicken nuggets and chips!

I feel guilty for my new baby and guilty for my toddler!

I'm 16 weeks I'll get back to normal soon, right? With dd it took until week 17 for me to feel normal again and then it suddenly happened overnight.

Just feeling anxious and fed up really. Anyone else?

Junosmum Mon 14-Mar-16 17:46:39

There were foods I couldn't stomach through out pregnancy, but eat fine now. Can't remember what they were, but several were vegetables!

Jenjen85 Mon 14-Mar-16 17:57:03

So far I've lived off a couple of takeaways and toast (nothing remotely healthy). I'm 15+5 and lost a stone so far as felt so sick. I still can't eat a full meal as I get full very quickly. My DH has moaned that he's putting weight on cos he's eating the rest of my teas while I'm losing weight grin

originalusernamefail Mon 14-Mar-16 17:59:01

Sorry OP but I still can't stomach chicken a pregnancy aversion to it, my DS is 2.5 blush.

foxessocks Mon 14-Mar-16 18:22:54

Oh my goodness! That's a long time. We'll I can eat chicken but just not chicken thighs..They just taste too fatty. Yuck.

foxessocks Mon 14-Mar-16 18:23:40

jen glad I'm not alone although I feel for you!

sophUK Wed 30-Mar-16 14:47:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now