Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fitness related - please reassure me that I will one day be able to/have time to exercise again!?

(3 Posts)
mrssnowface Mon 07-Mar-16 18:03:09

I am currently struggling massively with energy to do my normal exercise. I have sort of started to accept this, and have cut down as much as I can. Thing is, I can't cut it out completely as my job is basically quite sporty.
I am now worried that once the baby arrives, I will have no time for my own personal fitness - is this true?? I am also training to teach in other sporty disciplines, so I need to continue training after the baby arrives.
How do people manage, because it's one thing getting care to look after your child while you're working, but seems like a different thing if it's to pursue more of a hobby that you aren't even getting paid for.

Dixiechick17 Mon 07-Mar-16 18:13:06

I only really have time to get out for some long walks, some of my friends do buggy fit, but am not at the stage where I can rejoin my gym and my DD is now 9 months. My friend goes to virgin gym as it has a creche, so if you have on of them near you it may be worth checking out.

Komododragon16 Mon 07-Mar-16 18:36:27

I think it's possible, possibly not at the same level. I carried on running and still go most days. Also went to the gym most days (had a crèche). You find a way to fit it. That said, I can't be bothered with as much mileage as I used to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now