Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

dating scans

(5 Posts)
Annabrooke90 Mon 07-Mar-16 08:02:16

Has anybody else been given the wrong date by the dating scan? I absolutely know my dating scan is wrong. By LMP I should have been 13+3, however by my dates I should have been either 13+1 or a very minimum of 13, I was dated as 12+3. Which would have put conception as the Monday, however I found out I was pregnant five days after on the Saturday. I appreciate sperm can live for a while as this has happened in my last pregnancy, however it can't be any reason like that because I definitely ovulated on the Wednesday (10 days before bfp) I know this cause I get excruciating pain every time I ovulate (which I've been to doctors for) and I'd say 5 days post conception is a tad too early for bfps. The hospital agree with me that it doesn't make sense and most likely wrong but won't change it, they also said baby was really hard to measure due to the chin being tucked right into chest and bum curled up. I know it's only 4/5 days max but I have a scan booked for 16 weeks by my dates and now I don't know whether to change it or not, I don't want to as I am 100% sure of my own dates.

lilygirl81 Mon 07-Mar-16 08:04:48

At my dating scan I was initially measured at 12 weeks when I knew I was at least 13. I said I was surprised and she did the measurement a few times more and eventually got up to13 weeks. The baby wasn't in a great position, so that might have been the case for you.

nam207 Mon 07-Mar-16 08:08:17

When I got pregnant with DS we were trying after a mmc and only tried on one day so I knew I couldn't be dated earlier than the 6th of the month. Went to scan and due date was put at 1st of month. As it happened he arrived a few days before the date they'd given me.

I think the scan dates are supposed to be plus or minus 5 so I wouldn't worry about it unless it was much more than that.

AnaGon Mon 07-Mar-16 09:02:09

i was told on dating scan that i was about -5 days off. but they don't change the EDD if it's for less than a week difference. but it's just an estimate, so nothing to worry about.

malvinandhobbes Mon 07-Mar-16 09:09:52

I had scans at 8, 9, and 13 weeks. The first two said my pregnancy was about 4 days further along that I thought, but told me the margin of error is high +/1 a few days. My 13 week scan was spot on my LMP dates.

I wouldn't worry about it if everything else looks good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now