Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heavy bleeding and clotting at 10 weeks

(12 Posts)
fabianafdelgaudio Sun 06-Mar-16 17:59:21

Hey ladies, hoping someone can offer some peace of mind or advice smile
I am ten weeks pregannt today and over the last couple of days have started bleeding.

The bleeding started off as a brownish spotting (with no cramps), then developed into a light red (fresh blood) period.
Since this morning it has developed into heavier bleeding with clots and some pain.
As anyone would I went into complete panic mode and called 111, I was referred to the out of hours GP who gave me an internal examination and advised me my cervix was 'soft' but closed - I was convinced that I had already lost my baby.
The doctor advised me that it is highly likely is will miscarry, but my bleeding has eased off, so have the pains and I haven't had anymore large clots (fingers crossed)!

They've booked me in for an emergency scan on Tuesday (earliest they could get me in) but I'm just panicking that I'm miscarrying after the doctor said it's pretty much guaranteed!

My mum had two miscarriages and said that neither of hers were like this - I know everyone's situation and story is different so just hoping that someone out there has been through this and is able to help!

Hope everyone out there who is expecting is for healthy and beautiful! xx

charlottexox Sun 06-Mar-16 21:13:25

Oh hun, big hugs to you flowers
I am almost sure you will be OK. I have experienced this, but just wanted to give you some words of encouragement.
Hope Tuesday goes well for you, keep us updated and try not to worry!

tealoveryum Mon 07-Mar-16 15:27:40

My sister had a bleed and thought the worst too, well the worst is now currently at school! smile

I know you can't not do but try to relax and look after yourself today, you don't know what the outcome is yet but hopefully by tomorrow you'll know. The waiting can be the worst though, I remember waiting for a scan- you imagine the worst, then the best and frantically google trying to find stories of others that are hopeful.

Everythinggettingbigger Mon 07-Mar-16 15:35:30

not got any experience like this but just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow and I hope all is well! hopefully the fact that the pains and spotting have stopped is a good sign! flowers

keep us updated xx

1moretime Mon 07-Mar-16 19:47:12

Best of luck hun for tomorrow xx

PickleSarnie Mon 07-Mar-16 21:18:41

I don't want to fill you with false hope but I had absolutely shit loads of bleeding just after 10 weeks. Stood up, there was a massive gush all over the floor then I continued bleeding like a really heavy period for several days. Turns out I had a pretty large haematoma. My son was born at 39+5 perfectly healthy and totally oblivious to the stresses.

Hope all goes well for you x

becksmumtobe Tue 08-Mar-16 08:15:55

Good luck for today op flowers

fabianafdelgaudio Tue 08-Mar-16 11:05:52

Thank you all so much for your support! Scan is at 1pm today crossing everything!
The bleeding and clots have calmed down a lot and have a lot less pain but am just worrying. Have tried to rest as much as I possibly can.
Will let you all know asap, thank you again it's so nice to have reassurance xxxx

fabianafdelgaudio Tue 08-Mar-16 15:00:16

Have had an internal scan, not confirmed m/c - the nurse seemed to think I might not be 10 weeks. She said she couldn't see anything in my uterus so has taken some blood to check my hormone levels. Supposed to be getting a call back at some point today with the blood results.
She couldn't confirm if I have miscarried or not but I'm really thinking the worst now.
Will just have to wait and see what they say next sad

tealoveryum Tue 08-Mar-16 15:08:58

Oh OP I'm sorry, I know you have no way of knowing one way or another but it doesn't sound good and the stress you are going through now must be awful.

Try to look after yourself today and treat yourself kindly. I hope they update you soon flowers

BettyBi0 Tue 08-Mar-16 15:33:18

I hope you have some more definitive diagnosis soon. It is possible to have big bleeds early on and for the pregnancy to progress as normal but unless you aren't sure about your dates then the scan results could be a worry. Hope your blood results hold some hope xx

fabianafdelgaudio Tue 08-Mar-16 20:52:36

Hey ladies, have just spoken to the hospital regarding bloods. They said my hormone levels are slightly lower than they should be (which could explain the scan) have to go back for more blood tests in 48 hours, hopefully levels will have doubled by then!
Once we have the results will have to go for another scan (around 48 hours later)..
Fingers crossed everything's okay blush xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now