Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please help me get some sleep!?

(17 Posts)
possum18 Sun 06-Mar-16 01:56:23

Sorry if this is just a rant, but any helpful hints would be so well relieved!

32 weeks with twins and feeling huge and uncomfortable. Last week midwife measured my belly at 44 weeks hmm
I don't pee a ridiculous amount until I'm in bed and then it's every 2 hours through the night up and down to the bathroom.
I get comfy lying on one side for about half an hour and then get a dead leg so switch and the same happens. I have an immense pressure like pain in my pelvis and my DP snores like a warthog with a head cold.

Please help me!!

possum18 Sun 06-Mar-16 01:56:46

So well received, not relieved grin

NinkyNonky Sun 06-Mar-16 02:00:45

Have you tried a pillow between your knees? I found that really helpful when heavily pregnant.

possum18 Sun 06-Mar-16 02:25:44

Oooh no I haven't, but I will! Thank you x

marmitecrumpets Sun 06-Mar-16 02:33:56

No advice as such but I just wanted to say wow! Congratulations!
Have you thought about names?

possum18 Sun 06-Mar-16 04:13:33

Thanks Marmite!
I love Lewis and Noah, so hoping their sweet little faces will match the names some how!
Mmmmmm Martmite on crumpets sounds really yummy right now!!!!!!!!!! winkgrin

TheGreatSnafu Sun 06-Mar-16 04:33:43

Congratulations!

Amazon sell Howard Leight multi max earplugs. They are decibel rated against noise. They are good for sleeping, soft foam. Might help with the warthog issue. grin Very inexpensive too - 20 pairs for. Few quid.

Hope you find some things to help you. flowers

chaosagain Sun 06-Mar-16 07:18:58

A small soft cushion under your bump while you're on your side and a big pillow between your knees- helps relieve the hip pressure although you'll still wake up plenty during the night..

OhShutUpThomas Sun 06-Mar-16 07:26:09

You NEED a pillow between your knees. How have you gotten so far without it!??? shock

The peeing thing you just have to accept though sad

possum18 Sun 06-Mar-16 07:51:02

My dp bought me a body pillow but my cats stole it before I got a chance to use it and they would cry if I took it away. Maybe I should devise a plan to steal it back, it has a long arm like part that could go between my thunder thighs ?

ispymincepie Sun 06-Mar-16 07:55:05

I'm only carrying one baby but at 32 weeks now I'm having the same problem. I'd never noticed dh snoring until I was waking so much in the night. Earplugs definitely help although take a while to get used to as I'd never used them before. I also use the free 'Pregnancy Relaxation' download from the Daisy Foundation website to help me get to sleep.

ODog Sun 06-Mar-16 07:57:53

I need to read this. In 31 weeks with one baby and slept terrible last night. But nothing compared to your situation op. I will remember you and not moan as much today. But defo cushion between your legs. I would love a pair of ear plugs too to drown out DH snoring but I need to hear DS get up at the crack of dawn

possum18 Sun 06-Mar-16 08:48:42

0Dog don't moan less on my behalf, in a few weeks we won't have the time or luxury of people listening when we are grouchy so go forth and moan grin

ODog Sun 06-Mar-16 09:20:03

Haha thanks. I have moaned a lot so far as DH has so far made a totally shit effort at Mother's Day. He let me get up with DS after a weak 'I can get up with him if you want me to', i have stripped DS's wet bed, done two loads of washing, made and cleared up after breakfast and just made him a cup of tea and he has just asked me to take DS out for a bit as he has some work he needs to do! Grrrr!

BunloafAndCrumpets Sun 06-Mar-16 10:12:55

Oh poor you! Def surround self in pillows. Also, I bought a slide sheet thing which goes under your body in bed and makes rolling over much much easier as the bottom sheet is 'slippy'. I think mine was called a snoozle (may have spelt that wrong!) but it was fab when I was big.

possum18 Sun 06-Mar-16 10:15:00

Oh no that sounds awful, I'm still in bed. I suggest you put your pjs on, plonk DS with DH and tell him not to disturb you until he wakes you up with a nice lunch in bed wink

Spottyladybird Sun 06-Mar-16 22:25:46

I only had one baby but I'd agree with pillow between legs. The other thing that helped me was a spare duvet between the mattress and sheet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now