Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you put the crib up etc?

(19 Posts)
Peanutbutternutter419 Sat 05-Mar-16 22:11:16

I'm 36+3 and have not got the crib up, bag packed etc yet.
It's 2nd DC so I know I am being a bit more lax (lazy) this time but just wondering when you all got prepared for baby's arrival?
I have got the car seat and clothes out of the loft and they are all washed and ready but have yet to put the crib together or pack the bag although I have everything I need

adagio Sat 05-Mar-16 22:19:58

39 weeks this time (DD2) - only got the stuff out of the attic at about 38 weeks - was in work full time till 39 and toddler wrangling DD1 (age 3) in my spare time so rightly or wrongly decided if the baby was 'early' we would just have to co sleep till everything was ready!

She arrived at 40+5 so all fine in the event. I might not be the best role model though!

Good luck 😄

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sat 05-Mar-16 22:22:15

Dh was sent home from the hospital to get the crib put together!

TheABC Sat 05-Mar-16 22:24:30

I am wondering that too! Just 30 weeks here and first DC was spectacularly late so I think I am safe for now...

nixxxy Sat 05-Mar-16 22:43:41

I'm 36 + 5, FTM - DH assures me we can put the snuzpod together tomorrow. The nursery furniture is almost all built but I just want it done so we can start moving clothes and other assorted baby stuff from bags in the spare room and get a sense of order! My Hospital bag is 80% packed, just a few odd bits to add and baby's is done. I'm nesting pretty hardcore at the moment though, so I know I'm ultimately never going to feel happy!

Junosmum Sat 05-Mar-16 23:55:09

3.30am at 38 weeks exactly- put up crib and packed hospital bag, my waters had broken 30mins earlier.

Normandy144 Sun 06-Mar-16 00:05:58

I think it's a DC2 thing. We were very laid back second time around. I started washing clothes around 38-39 weeks. We bought a car seat at 38 weeks and ordered the crib around 37 weeks, I think DP put it together at 39/40 weeks. I packed my hospital bag at 39 weeks. It felt very lazy but I just knew everything would be fine and that there was no rush - I think you just do second time around.

Pinkheart5915 Sun 06-Mar-16 00:11:18

I was 8 months pregnant with my son (6 months old now) when we completed nursery, cot, Moses basket, washed all the baby clothes etc.

My currently pregnancy will probably wait until 8 months again

Katarzyna79 Sun 06-Mar-16 00:18:35

ABC I'm same as you but I started panicking last week so husband put the cot up for me. I panic bought car seat online too. still need pjs and nightshirt for birth asap and a small suitcase I'm order that all online next week.

I have a gut feeling I will have this one earlier than the rest, I might be wrong but I'm usually right 95% of the time.

Maybug12 Sun 06-Mar-16 00:29:31

Did it today!! And my due date is Wednesday! Just have a gut feeling he's not going to be making an appearance any time soon though! People also like to keep telling me first babies are usually late.

Katarzyna79 Sun 06-Mar-16 00:32:30

are they may? my first was 2 weeks before due date, all subsequent ones same, except 1, that was just a week before due date. wish you the best hope its not too late!

FastWindow Sun 06-Mar-16 00:35:23

Do the bag. Crib, not so much - baby will be on you for weeks smile i miss that! Congratulations, enjoy and love the first foggy weeks xx

Runningupthathill82 Sun 06-Mar-16 01:32:27

The crib went up when we got home from hospital, both times. So, the day after DS was born and the day DD was born.

MrsPCR Sun 06-Mar-16 07:55:26

Last week at 36+5 as had ECV to turn breech baby booked and I wanted to be ready just in case as 1/200 result in EMCS. Also was last opportunity for FIL to help move the world's heaviest bed in our room before ELCS in 2 weeks.

Now I wouldn't mind going into labour early seeing as I'm ready!! Come on baby!

Peanutbutternutter419 Sun 06-Mar-16 08:48:26

I think it must be a 'subsequent' child thing then. I'm sure by this time with DS everything was done and ready! Good to know that I not the only one leaving it later.

Junosmum...you are mad!! 3.30am!

evilgiraffe Sun 06-Mar-16 09:14:21

Second baby here too, 37+1 today. Did car seat and (most of) hospital bag yesterday, crib last weekend. Clothes were mostly washed and sorted over the last couple of weeks. DD was born at 40+12 so I don't feel like there's any rush!

I really should write a birth plan...

skankingpiglet Sun 06-Mar-16 09:27:13

Yeah, get the bag done sooner rather than later, otherwise meh. You've got the cot etc, it won't take long to put it together.
Last time I had the cot bed up in the nursery already (I'm 24wks), and the Moses basket together stored in the cot. It made sense as the room wasn't otherwise being used. Moved the basket into our room at around 38wks as I was excited, but it did get in the way tbh and we would have been no less ready if I'd just left it in the nursery. I put my bag together from 35wks ish. This time I would be the same (I'm a planner) but DD is still in the cot bed and her new room is a storage unit thanks to building work. It won't be ready for her to move into for some time, so I think I may need to stick her new single bed in the nursery for her, put the cot in the loft, and bring the basket down a few weeks before edd and trip over it again. I'm planning on going into the loft to sort through and find the newborn clothes in the next few weeks before I get too big, but leave them up there near the hatch until a few weeks before. So more of a necessity to leave it later this time rather than a second timers 'it'll be fine'.

Missingcaffeine Sun 06-Mar-16 12:22:30

Started getting the bag ready from about 32 weeks, everything else from about 37 weeks. Baby arrived 39 weeks and I wasn't as ready as I'd have like to have been.

wonkylegs Sun 06-Mar-16 12:26:05

We put crib up in half term as we had time and were all home. Still some bits and pieces to do in nursery (shelves, pictures etc) but I'm only 31wks tomorrow.
We didn't dare leave it too late though as DS turned up at 36wks and it looks like this one may be similar, even if they are not the latest they will be out is 39wks (elcs) and we have little free time between now and then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now