Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early scan dates don't match up with last period :-/

(4 Posts)
1moretime Sat 05-Mar-16 16:30:26

Hello. I only found out last Monday at the docs that I am pregnant. I had a scan last week as with having polycystic ovaries & underactive thyroid my periods have always been irregular.
Looking on my period logger on my phone my last period was 2nd - 6th Dec. I also may have had a period at the end of December too but haven't logged it.
Anyhow my scan showed baby & sac measuring at 6 weeks 1 day om Wednesday so 6 weeks 4 days today.
How can I only be 6 & half weeks if my last period was December?
I did have on the 22nd Jan a tiny spot of blood when I wiped & that was it.
Anyone help me figure this out?
Going back 4 weeks means I will have conceived at beginning of Feb as they add 2 weeks on don't they??
That would be over a month after my last period. Xx

LouLou030783 Sat 05-Mar-16 16:46:17

Perhaps because of ur pcos u didn't ovulate until then

seven201 Sat 05-Mar-16 18:56:41

If your period is irregular there's no way to know when you conceived except for the scan (or if you tracked your ovulation at the time). I tracked my ovulation as I also have irregular periods so they counted me two weeks ahead (even though I told them I ovulated on cycle day 28) until the first scan then put it back by 2 weeks again.

Did they see a heartbeat? It might be too early though so don't panic if they didn't. I think you're over thinking things.

1moretime Mon 07-Mar-16 19:30:24

Thanks for your replys smile
Yea there was a heart beat & I coukd see outline of a tiny wee embryo.
I have no idea as I was told I wasn't ovulating due to polycystic ovaries.
I am very grateful of this pregnancy as we didn't think we could have any more DC xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now