Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm concerned!

(10 Posts)
SUPERMOMS Sat 05-Mar-16 00:36:47

I have realized this beginning of March I have skipped periods. Usually they skip so I thought maybe it'll come back? Sometime January my husband and I had sex. My period have skipped for 3 months which isn't normal at all.

I have told my husband and I keep telling him I need to go to the doctors for a pregnancy test or get a home pregnancy test, but he works long hours and he comes home late, that and we are poor. We have bills that is late.

I have insurance and I keep telling him the hospital will do a pregnancy test and he keeps ignoring that option and he tells me go into a place that is walk ins but he doesn't understand, a lot of those places don't do pregnancy tests nor take insurance.

I have been eating constantly. My stomach had been getting big. I don't have morning sickness but bad heart burn. I've been going pee a lot. I'm concerned. I have a 9 year old daughter who says I look pregnanr. My mom and other people have been saying the same.

How am I going to get his stubborn butt to take me to get a pregnancy test done? Home pregnancy tests aren't aways accurate. I have the same symptoms just like when I was pregnant with my first, unexpected pregnancy. Do you guys think I'm pregnant?

SmallBee Sat 05-Mar-16 00:46:06

Which country do you live in?
If the UK can you make an appointment with the GP?
no one in the world can tell you whether your pregnant or not just from the Internet. You either need to wait nine months and then it'll be obvious or try and get a test.
Good luck flowers

sizethree Sat 05-Mar-16 07:50:53

Not sure where you got the information that home pregnancy tests aren't always accurate, as in fact they are.
Why don't you order a test online to be delivered to your home address as they are only a couple of pounds do presumably as cheap as public transport into town?
Without meaning to sound rude, you seem very naive in the ways of reproduction to have a husband as 9 year old daughter. Is this a real post or trolling?
Hope you get the result you want.

Artioo2 Sat 05-Mar-16 09:24:10

Yes, a home pregnancy test will be as accurate as the test a doctor would use, they're the same thing. Discount shops like pound shops or somewhere like Walmart I guess (wondering if you're in the US as you mention insurance) will do very cheap tests for a few pounds or dollars. These will be as accurate as any test out there, especially if you're far along enough to look pregnant and have symptoms. Good luck.

VimFuego101 Sat 05-Mar-16 09:26:08

Are you in the US? Dollar tree pregnancy tests are good. is there a Planned Parenthood near you?

PeppaPigStinks Sun 06-Mar-16 19:04:02

In the uk the £1 shops sell pregnancy tests!

Pinkheart5915 Sun 06-Mar-16 19:11:57

Home pregnancy tests are very accurate, always have been for me.

Most countries you can buy them in cheap £1,$1 stores

SUPERMOMS Mon 14-Mar-16 00:10:55

Turns out I'm pregnant! I have went to Dollar Tree and got a home pregnancy test and had two lines, one was faded. I decided to wait and got another pregnancy test and said "pregnant" which I used one called Clear Blue. I have a OB/GYN and the nurse told me to take another pregnancy test, and I did.

She said to come in the next day and do a blood test and I waited the next day for the results. I got a call that morning the nurse said my hormones are very activate and to come in and see how far I am. She didn't say "you're pregnant" just those exact words.

On the 16th of March I have an appointment on go to with my OB/GYN and getting a sonogram. I'm very excited! I think I'm further than what the box says on the test but, we'll find out soon!

SUPERMOMS Mon 14-Mar-16 00:16:23

If you don't like my posts, don't reply, simple. I'm not even naive, just concerned. My husband and I have been to places where they do pregnancy tests and did home pregnancy tests plus a blood test. I was just getting agitated because he didn't "think" I was pregnant until I told him again, and he wanted to find out. He's stepping up being a father. He's not the biological father of my daughter but he's damn well a wonderful father figure to her. He'll be a wonderful father to his biological baby too. I have nothing to worry about because I have gotten the results I wanted.

SUPERMOMS Mon 14-Mar-16 00:19:46

The places I went to wanted me to do a pee tests and every time I tried, I couldn't go. I felt nervous and very uncomfortable. Next time for sure I'll do home pregnancy tests in my home where I feel relaxed and comfortable at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now