Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

High levels of glucose in urine and GTT

(1 Post)
Silversun83 Fri 04-Mar-16 18:41:06

I'll be 31 weeks on Sunday and at my midwife appointment on Wednesday, she found high levels of glucose in my urine (4+) confused and so has booked me in for a GTT on Monday...

I wondered if anyone had had such high levels and not had gestational diabetes? On the morning I did the sample, I had a bowl of porridge with dried fruit probably about an hour and 15-30 minutes beforehand.. I guess that could have maybe had a slight effect but doubt it would have pushed it up that much?

For background, I'm pretty low-risk, BMI at booking was 21, before pregnancy I was a 3-4 times a week runner and there's no history of diabetes in my family.. I only managed a bit of running earlier on in pregnancy but still walk around 8-10 miles a week, swim once a week and do pregnancy yoga. I had a pretty healthy diet pre-pregnancy but have to admit that pregnancy has given me quite a bit of a sweet tooth which I never had before although I've only put on about 17lbs and baby is measuring on track.

Saying all that, I know GD can affect anyone but I am a bit worried that my newly-found sweet tooth has somehow contributed sad

Also guilty that there is a chance I have GD and have not completely cut out sugar already..

If anyone has had any similar experiences it would be really helpful though I know I just have to wait for the results!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now