Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after miscarriage, help me through the paranoia

(7 Posts)
GoulashSoup Thu 03-Mar-16 14:18:23

I had a MMC last June, just over 8wks. Had surgical management end of June, bled for July and August and had to wait to see a breast consultant as the pregnancy had stimulated an old problem. We have been tring ever since. Finally got my BFP two days ago and I'm crapping my pants. I am 4wks today by LMP but I think 12dpo. I have had some spotting the last 4 days and I'm struggling not to think the worst. How do I stay sane and avoid the need to knicker twitch on an hourly basis?

brookeberry Thu 03-Mar-16 14:46:48

Oh it's so difficult not to worry goulash. The fact is you are pregnant! So like all of us, you have to get through the first trimester - maybe have an early scan for reassurance/sanity?

After 3 mcs, I am now 34 weeks pregnant smile Just have faith that every pregnancy is different and you have every chance in the world of going all the way smile

GoulashSoup Thu 03-Mar-16 15:30:40

Thank you brooke. I know the most likely reason behind my MMC is just random and unlucky. I think I'm just feeling overwhelmed.

Congratulations on getting to 34 weeks! Can I ask if you opted for early scans in this or previous pregnancies. I'm not sure how much they would reassure me.

brookeberry Thu 03-Mar-16 15:40:28

Thank you smile

If you are okay waiting to the 12 week, then just do that. I was actually offered early scans (8 and 10 weeks) at my hospital because I had 3 mcs so that's why I had them. There's nothing like the 12 week one though - it feels like a great milestone.

Good luck and congratulations!

Eastend2015 Thu 03-Mar-16 23:33:36

Congratulations! There is a thread for ladies pregnant after miscarriage on here which is very supportive. I'm 24 weeks after an EP thenMMC so totally understand where you are coming from and had scans at 7 and 9 weeks offered by my EPU and found they helped but was still in bits at my 12 week scan and even worse at my 20 week scan but am beginning to enjoy things now!

GoulashSoup Fri 04-Mar-16 06:43:38

Thanks Eastend, could you let me know what it's called as I couldn't find it. And congratulations!

GoulashSoup Fri 04-Mar-16 06:44:41

I've found it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now