Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone found a really decent work skirt?

(10 Posts)
Thurlow Wed 02-Mar-16 10:30:31

I just want a black pencil skirt, preferably quite thick or even tailored, good enough to wear in a smart office. I wouldn't mind one that was under-bump too so I can start wearing it quite early. But all the skirts I can find are jersey and they're such thin jersey too, there's no way they would be appropriate for 'business' wear. Of course, the simplest things are the hardest to find... Anyone found anything decent?

shelbTa Wed 02-Mar-16 14:03:36

If you find one let me know! X

mrsmonkey14 Wed 02-Mar-16 21:50:46

Seraphine! They do a v thick jersey pencil skirt, which is super comfy.

Thurlow Thu 03-Mar-16 09:23:28

Do you mean this one?

I will try it but I'm such a short arse, and you can't really turn up jersey in the way you can turn up a tailored skirt.

mrsmonkey14 Thu 03-Mar-16 09:48:12

Yes that looks like it (mine is couple years old but think their staples remain the same). If it helps I'm only 5ft2 and length fine on me (knee length), also because of the material you can just adjust where the waistband sits on your bump to alter the length, the band can be folded over or pulled over bump. (I may also have utilised it on 'fat' days well post baby no 1, ahem! So it's smart enough not to look 'maternity'. And now in use for 2nd pregnancy so quality is good, i also lent to a friend in the interim).

notinagreatplace Thu 03-Mar-16 13:33:50

I have one from Red Herring maternity which was great

ladymildred Thu 03-Mar-16 17:47:03

Dorothy Perkins maternity skirt www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/maternity-black-pencil-skirt-4737991 geoip=noredirect&cmpid=ppc_pla_UK_ip&utm_medium=cpc&istCompanyId=e0b51aa7-96c9-4550-a6f3-56b61a0b5995&istItemId=mwwxrmirr&istBid=tztx&gclid=CNe2l4OJpcsCFSEFwwod95MOMg&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quite cheap and served me well. Perfect with £3 asda maternity tights!

loosechange Thu 03-Mar-16 17:54:47

I have the skirt above, smart clothes are required for my job and it works a treat. Also a short arse, didn't think to fold it over so I wear it with long black boots.

Pagetta Thu 03-Mar-16 22:36:31

Jojo have a pencil skirt it's jersey but has to be really - thick jersey though so looks smart.
I'm really struggling with smart work wear too.
Got dresses from asos and chinos from h&m luckily have 'waterfall' style jackets for work that don't do up so they are fine with bump!

Thurlow Fri 04-Mar-16 10:38:59

Thanks all, I will see if I can order a few of them to see which one works. I've got so many tops (and cardigans and waterfall jackets) that will work for quite a long time I think, but I think a skirt or trousers will be needed sooner rather than later damned 2nd pg bloating already at 6w! The JoJo skirt does look the thickest, if it's decent I guess it would be worth paying to have it turned up professionally.

I'd rather wear dresses as they're definitely better in the long run and easier to smarten up with jackets, but I've always found dresses make me look more pregnant, so I don't want to move to them until gone 12w at least.

Sigh. One day maternity wear providers will remember that we're not all 5'8...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now