Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What can I do about hip pain?

(9 Posts)
socktastic Wed 02-Mar-16 02:26:08

5 months and I'm lying awake feeling rather sore and sorry for myself. Have dull but constant pain in both hips. Already sleeping with a pillow between my legs but doesn't seem to be helping anymore.
Very aware that this is just going to get worse and with 4 months still to go, the thought depresses me!

Stuckerooni Wed 02-Mar-16 02:53:19

Horrible isn't it! I got a memory foam mattress topper which didn't solve it but definitely helped a bit as did multiple pillows between the legs!

Loraline Wed 02-Mar-16 03:01:50

Simple stretches before bed help me most nights. I lap de pregnancy yoga twice a week and see and osteopath every few weeks because mine can be particularly bad.

DorotheaHomeAlone Wed 02-Mar-16 13:12:20

Rest! And moving the pillow so it also keep my ankles level not just knees and hips. This convo has cleared up my hip pain altogether thankfully. I'm 31 weeks.

DorotheaHomeAlone Wed 02-Mar-16 13:12:32

Cimbi

OhWhatAPalaver Wed 02-Mar-16 13:53:45

I've literally just come back from a physio appointment due to bad hip and back pain. She said it was classic pelvic girdle pain and gave me lots of tips on how to improve it. You can self refer where I am so just speak to your midwife and get yourself an appointment otherwise it'll just get worse. Some women end up on crutches with so best to get checked out.

DimlowChips Wed 02-Mar-16 14:40:00

Rest, rest, rest....

I second the memory foam mattress topper as well. I was an idiot and ignored the advice I was given to avoid stairs etc and rest as much as possible when pregnant. I'm now struggling to get moving again now DS is here.

Rose2806 Wed 02-Mar-16 14:50:35

So glad to have found this thread! I'm the same, have been referred to the physio but first appointment not available until a month's time :-( can anyone who has seen a physio share some of the exercises etc they suggested?

socktastic Thu 03-Mar-16 07:40:12

Thanks guys. Last night was better but I think if it gets any worse I'll go to the docs. Looking forward to just resting at the weekend now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now