Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So nervous about scan tomorrow.

(6 Posts)
1moretime Tue 01-Mar-16 19:00:17

Hello. So after not feeling well since December I found out last Monday thst I am pregnant.
I have a scan tomorrow - this scan was already booked before I found out I was pregnant as GP had referred me to get ovaries, stomach etc checked.
Anyhow doc told me to keep the scan appointment and to let them know tomorrow thst I am pregnant.
I rang the hospital last week to explain & ask if I was still able to go & told them I'm pregnant. Lady was lovely & said they can look & check everything is ok & try to work out dates etc. I'm really excited but also very very nervous.

As it is an abdominal ultrasound and iv read thst of your under 10 weeks that sometimes nothing can be picked up using abdo scan.
I'm not sure how far on I am.
I have done 5 tests since last week just to make sure it's still positive lol.
I have pcos & underactive thyroid & have got it into my head that I have a ovarian cyst & that is what il see tomorrow....I also read that ovarian cysts can give you positive results.
I know I may sound crazy but I'm so scared. My mum & DH keeps saying I wouldn't be feelinh the way I am tho if I waany pregnant.. feelinh sick & being sick, sore boobs, bloated, tired & cramps.

Anyone had an abdominal scan & pregnancy been detected early on?

Am I just being stupid? Xx

whiteychappers Tue 01-Mar-16 19:04:44

I felt exactly the same (ive a long history of anxiety so everytime I feel sick I just think its anxiousness). I think its really common to think there's nothing in there and its all in your head. It wont be! I had a scan last week (abdominal one at 9 weeks) and there was a jelly baby looking baby in there with a strong heartbeat. Its very unlikely if you've had positive tests for there to be nothing in there so once you've had your scan all that should melt away. smile

Littleredhead1983 Tue 01-Mar-16 19:05:43

I don't think there are any stupid questions here!

I don't know too much but I can tell you that I went for a scan yesterday at exactly 5 weeks and they were able to confirm pregnancy through an ultrasound which detected the gestational sac and yolk sac. No embryo visible as yet as it's too early but they can def confirm pregnancy or not.

Mine was a vaginal scan but I'm pretty sure they'd be able to pick it up with an abdominal one as well.

Good luck!!

possum18 Tue 01-Mar-16 19:06:36

Hello I had an abdominal ultrasound at 6 weeks and they picked up my twin pregnancy, they then continued the scan vaginally instead of abdominally to get a clearer look and to date! Hope it all goes well X

1moretime Tue 01-Mar-16 19:39:53

Aww thank you all so much for your rrplys. ..I just still can't believe I'm pregnant..never thought I'd be able to have anymore after my DS. My LHFSH levels have always been abnormal, my thyroid has been playing up to. My periods all over the bloody place... I was on the pill to try & regulate my cycles - think that's why it's hard for me to accept.
I'm so excited & just want the scan now so I can see that everything is ok & where it should be.

It's been a long 9 days waiting! X

1moretime Tue 01-Mar-16 19:41:13

Apologies for the spelling errors!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now