Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

25 week midwife appointment

(4 Posts)
Thenadish Mon 29-Feb-16 22:03:38

Evening all, I think I posted this on the wrong place before!

We have our 25 week check up tomorrow and I'm feeling really unsure as to what to expect. I've looked on the NHS and other sites. We are meeting a new midwife as the other one left in Jan so maybe that's why I'm feeling unsure of things but I wondered if anyone had any guidance on what to expect and what I should be looking to have answered or raised tomorrow?

I'm suffering terrible backache and dizziness. Is this something the midwife might be able to address?

Thanks in advance x

Dixiechick17 Mon 29-Feb-16 22:37:17

Usually it's the first appointment where they listen to the babies heartbeat and measure your bump. Other than that it's just standard BP and urine checks and answering any questions you may have. There should be a guide in your maternity notes for the appointments. Apart from bloods at 28 weeks your appointments will follow the same routine for the remainder of pregnancy.

macdat Mon 29-Feb-16 22:53:24

I had a new midwife for my 25 week appointment to, my first one also left. It's just a quick appointment, they'll ask how you've been, if you're feeling OK or have any concerns, probably listen to babies heartbeat, she'll take blood pressure, urine sample and if any concerns she'll take bloods. It's a really quick appointment usually I think.

Junosmum Tue 01-Mar-16 05:07:22

I had several different midwives all the way through. I found the appointments a bit useless to be honest. At 25weeks they dipped my urine, measured bump, did blood pressure and asked if I had any questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now