Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spotting, cramping, loss of symptoms at 7 weeks

(7 Posts)
alltalknobaby Sun 28-Feb-16 21:13:17

I feel like I already know in my heart what is happening, but I am wondering if anyone has any reassurance or success stories please :-/ Driving myself a little bonkers here... I had a miscarriage at 4.5 weeks in December so I'm frightened it's happening again.

I'm 7 weeks and yesterday started spotting. Today I woke up and my sore boobs, so far my constant companion throughout, were no longer sore. The spotting has continued, slightly heavier, and is accompanied by mild cramps, nothing that I have reached for the paracetamol for, more uncomfortable than painful, but still worrying.

Has anyone been through this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy? Tia xx

alltalknobaby Wed 02-Mar-16 15:54:09

I guess that's a no :-/

I went to the EPU on Monday and the nurse took my history and said it sounded like bad news. She offered me a scan anyway and I agreed, just to be 100% sure. Imagine my shock when the consultant turned the screen around to show me my little newt with its heart beating away happilysmile She was not able to identify the source of the bleeding and warned me I a at increased risk of mc, but I was happy with that.

Since then, the pains have been fairly horrendous on and off, bleeding has worsened, but still not what they term "heavy" (only 3-4 pads a day) and I have passed another terrifying clot and lots of dark blood. I have spoken to the EPU again and they advised me to keep an eye on it and call if the bleeding or pain becomes unmanageable.

I can't see how a little tiny embryo can survive this, but he/she has surprised us once. Please hang on in there!

KittyandTeal Wed 02-Mar-16 16:00:15

I'm really sorry you are going through this uncertainty.

I don't have any advice except take it easy and be kind to yourself.

Have the epu given you another scan date? Surely at some point you need to know if the baby is still ok or if this is a mc.

Awrstickthekettleon Wed 02-Mar-16 16:27:05

That's great that you saw a heartbeat OP, and I think bleeding is really common in pregnancy. Will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for you...I would be trying to get in for another scan next week thanks

FourForYouGlenCoco Wed 02-Mar-16 16:43:30

I missed this when you posted originally, but the same thing happened to me. Spotting from 6 weeks, lots of cramps/period type pains. Was utterly paranoid anyway thanks to 3 previous MCs. Had a scan at 7ish weeks that showed a little blob with heart beating away! At 9 weeks I had a huge gush of blood with one big clot and lots of smaller ones. Symptoms also lessened. Went for another EPU scan, fully expecting the worst, even the sonographer was pessimistic. Happy little baby, measuring right on dates, no worries and no explanation for the bleeding. I then bled/spotted til I was gone 11 weeks but my 12 week scan was fine and I'm now 18 weeks and baby never stops wriggling! I was sure with my rubbish history that we were in for another MC, but it's not always bad news. Best of luck to you, and I would definitely push for another scan.

alltalknobaby Wed 02-Mar-16 17:13:37

Thank you Four - it's lovely to hear good outcomes, cheers my very soul, v happy for you smile

Thanks Kitty and Awr - I will def be calling them again to go in and find out what is going on in there. I have some time off work next week - MUCH needed! - so I'll try to go in then. It's hard waiting. Just have to keep busy and think positive! Newt is obviously not to be underestimated! smile

alltalknobaby Thu 03-Mar-16 11:40:07

I'm fairly sure I passed my little newt last night sad sad sad Bleeding and pain have died right down too, which indicates miscarriage has completed.

Waiting to hear back from the hospital as to when I can get another scan. Either tomorrow or not until next Wednesday shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now