Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice on faint positives and early miscarriages?

(2 Posts)
Rachelll91 Sat 27-Feb-16 09:52:54

Hi I was just looking for some advice, I was due on the start of Feb, had a few negative tests first few days. Done a test Monday and it was a faint positive, done a clear blue digital tues but was negative then done first response on wed and it was faint positive again, I went to Drs early Thursday morning and they tried to refer me for a scan, I got home minutes later and started bleeding medium/heavy amount, I went to a and e, they took a sample and it come back negative and they said for this reason they can't do a scan. They didn't really give me a straight answer they said it could be a miscarriage, I could be pregnant still or it could be a late period? But that wouldn't explain the two faint positive tests? I'm still bleeding now and passed quite a large clot this morning. I was just wondering if any one has been in a similar situation and what the outcome was? I doubt I'm pregnant now but wondered if it is actually a miscarriage and how long it would roughly take to conceive again as I've been trying since July. Thanks X

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Sat 27-Feb-16 17:35:38

Hi this sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me. I had two before my current pregnancy. They are quite common and you should be able to conceive again by the next cycle (although some people wait longer to try for psychological reasons). If you google the words "chemical pregnancy" lots of info will come up on it. Good luck with trying to conceive again. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now