Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

worrying more in second pregnancy

(14 Posts)
kiki22 Fri 26-Feb-16 09:40:22

Did you all know its quite common to worry more on a second healthy pregnancy than the first healthy one? I have been really worried and had a horrible feeling I would go to my scan to be told something is wrong.

I went for the scan the other day (all good) and mentioned id been more worried this time around, the sonographer told me its really common the first time its all new and exciting whereas the second time your not so head in the clouds about it.

Just wanted to pass that on really for anyone who may be feeling the same and thinking its to daft to talk about, I know if I said to ppl they thought I was being daft and was told but uve got a healthy child as if that made a difference

AliceInHinterland Fri 26-Feb-16 09:44:27

Thanks, yes second time around is anxiety central here, I do have some complications but I think you have heard and absorbed so many more battle stories between the first and the second!

Everythinggettingbigger Fri 26-Feb-16 10:18:56

With you on that one! I'm 27+3 and really started to feel very anxious about everything and I was convinced that my 20 week scan was going to reveal some development issues but it never crossed my mind in my first pregnancy!

kiki22 Fri 26-Feb-16 19:06:44

It's nice to know it's not just me sometimes you can feel like your going crazy with all the thoughts buzzing round

Kentnurse2015 Fri 26-Feb-16 19:08:46

This is totally me at 18 weeks. Almost obsessing about my scan which isn't even for another 3 weeks! Thanks for posting this!

Arborea Fri 26-Feb-16 19:48:30

Kiki, another 2nd timer who's been stressing more. Thanks for sharing: I don't feel such a weirdo now! smile

Afreshstartplease Fri 26-Feb-16 20:01:23

Completely agree

Expecting DC 4 and each pregnancy I have worried more

I think it's partly down to as you get older / know more people who have been pregnant you are more aware of problems that can arise

Onthedowns Sat 27-Feb-16 00:50:46

I am 34 weeks with 2dc and terrified of birth this time! I had bad labour at time with dd but wasn't worried about it. Now I have a breech baby and terrified of a c section! Plus anything happening to me as I have my dd'

Girlwithnoname1 Sat 27-Feb-16 02:26:58

Yep, DD 1 has a Genetic condition, so have been really closely monitored this time. Don't know how I'd have coped without being scanned every two weeks lol

Kentnurse2015 Sat 27-Feb-16 03:08:06

Onthedowns, I had a c-section with a breach baby for my first. It was absolutely fine. Very relaxed because it was planned x

GoingLoopyQuickly Sat 27-Feb-16 14:20:27

Herehere. I am 18 weeks and very scanxious. Worried my 20 wks is going to show up all sorts. I even think DP is more anxious this time round!

kiki22 Sat 27-Feb-16 21:12:26

Onthedowns I had a horrible labour with DS so this time I'm having a section one of my biggest worries is going into labour early and having to have an emergency section or not having time for a section. I feel quite positive about a section I've done all my research so I know what I'm in for but at least I'll be clear headed.

Pagetta Sat 27-Feb-16 21:32:33

Thanks OP it's reassuring to hear not just me! Due to low papp a I am getting regular scans - although its not ideal, as Girlwithnoname1 says, I don't know how I'd cope without the extra scans! Anxiety central this time - no head in the clouds option lol xx

SewSlapdash Sat 27-Feb-16 21:36:21

Definitely. Stakes feel so much higher this time. Plus my Dsis had two miscarriages between DC1 and DC2 and my bus group has seen loads of miscarriages since I had DS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now