Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

27 weeks , did my waters just break ???

(15 Posts)
MrsBiddle Fri 26-Feb-16 07:28:42

I woke up this morning as I got up to go for a pee it was like I was peeing for like 5-6 seconds(not a loads but a bit) pyjama bottoms was socked as I went to the bed there was a little wet patch.. Have I peed me self or is it my waters ? Please help! I'm only 27 weeks

CalliopeTorres Fri 26-Feb-16 07:30:10

Call the assessment unit and give them your history and get it checked out. Good luck x

Candycoco Fri 26-Feb-16 07:30:25

Call your hospital straight away, they will be able to check if your waters have gone thanks

Candycoco Fri 26-Feb-16 07:30:44

Call your hospital straight away, they will be able to check if your waters have gone thanks

JanieGaga Fri 26-Feb-16 07:35:41

Breaking waters does feel like you have wet yourself (doesn't always have to be a massive gush) but a friend had the same thing happen and she had actually just wet herself!
Do your pyjamas smell of wee? Waters don't particularly smell of anything.

I agree with everyone though, go and get yourself checked out at the hospital ASAP.

Good luck flowers

Ledkr Fri 26-Feb-16 07:39:05

Mine went at that time. Baby Id now nearly 30. Don't worry, if it is they can help. Go and get a check asap.
I think delating labour is more effective if you haven't started iyswim.
Good luck

flanjabelle Fri 26-Feb-16 07:40:56

I had this. I rushed to the hospital in an absolute panic. Turns out I peed myself. blush hope you are OK op, just get checked out to be on the safe side eh.

LittleBearPad Fri 26-Feb-16 07:56:46

Bit tmi but what does it smell like. Waters smell very much like hay.

MagratsFlyawayHair Fri 26-Feb-16 08:11:10

Yes. Although I thought waters smelled a little like something else. But not urine. Still, definitely call EPU if you're concerned. X

Junosmum Fri 26-Feb-16 10:20:38

How did you get on op? I felt I'd wet myself when my waters went. They smelled a bit spermy, some people say there's smell sweet.

KP86 Fri 26-Feb-16 10:29:33

Waters are sweet smelling. It's definitely different to wee.

LaContessaDiPlump Fri 26-Feb-16 10:31:35

Put on a pad op - if it is your waters then they'll be able to note fluid volume/smell. Good luck thanks

NameChangeEr Fri 26-Feb-16 10:34:11

Hope you're at the hospital being checked out. It's always better to check straight away than wait when it comes to pregnancy flowers

OhIfIMust Fri 26-Feb-16 21:28:20

Hope you're okay. My waters went at 27 weeks. DC is now 3 and no issues at all so try not to worry too much if it is your waters - it can turn out okay xx

winewolfhowls Fri 26-Feb-16 22:06:48

Also hoping you're ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now