Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

found out on Monday that I'm pregnant...anyone help me work out dates? PCOS erratic periods!

(12 Posts)
1moretime Thu 25-Feb-16 18:09:35

Hello...So after not feeling right since before Xmas I found out on Monday that I'm pregnant..Urine test done at the doctors, followed by 4 more at home!
Total shock as didnt think I coukd have anymore as I have pcos & underactive thyroid & I WAS on the Pill.

Anyhow as my periods have always been all over the place I'm struggling to work out how far I am & when u coukd be due (I do have a scan next Wednesday but just trying to figure it out).

So looking back on my period logger on my phone, periods since October - I bled twice that month 7th - 11th then 15th - 22nd.
November - twice again, 9th - 14th & 22nd - 26th.
December 2nd - 6th.
I have entered symptoms as I do each month & will tell you how I was feeling From Dec as that's when I started not feeling right!
My logger is showing I was due a period on 24th - 28th but i haven't entered it...but really can't remember if that's because it was xmas time & forgot or because I didn't bleed???
I did log on
14th, 16th & 22nd that I felt sick & wad sick a few times.
Jan 19th I have logged that I had abdo pain & dc.
Jan 21st Hot flushes & cramps
Jan 22nd - little spot of blood & cramps
Jan 23rd - little spot of blood again
Feb 11th - sore boobs cramp's
13th, 15th, 19th iv entered same again
20 & 21st last weekend cramp's on & off & feeling dizzy hence why I went bk to docs on Monday & then found out I was pregnant.

Any ideas when I may have got pregnant &;how far I may be??

Thank you & Sorry for the long post!

CultureSucksDownWords Thu 25-Feb-16 18:18:01

No idea! But I'd guess sometime in December, so maybe you're 8 to 10 weeks ish? Hopefully they'll be able to clarify at the scan.

1moretime Thu 25-Feb-16 18:30:25

Thank you culturesucksdownwords
Im not sure if I had thst bleed at end of month or not I know I went away at new year & went swimming so can't have been on period on 30-31st Dec.
Little bleed I had in December. .could that have been implantation? But Iv had really sore boobs since thst time too.
I really don't know. Lol. Xx

KayTee87 Fri 26-Feb-16 13:45:03

I would count from 2nd December so 12 + 2 however they assume you ovulate mid cycle which obviously you don't with irregular periods so scan might put you anywhere between 9 and 12+4 possibly.
This is assuming your period on 2nd December was a real period.
The small bleed in December could have been left over implantation bleed that sometimes takes a while to work its way out or maybe your cervix had been irritated by sex or something else.
Let us know how your scan goes. I'm getting my 20 week scan on Thursday smile

1moretime Fri 26-Feb-16 14:03:53

Thank you for your reply KayTee87
The spotting was in Jan so do yiu think that coukd still be implantation from December or does that normally occur shortly after fertilisation? Ohh gosh so I could possibly be 9-12 weeks.
Thank you. I will post back & let you know all the best for your 20 week scan too smile

KayTee87 Fri 26-Feb-16 14:40:00

The way you are dated is from the 1st day of your last period, usually women ovulate and get pregnant 2 weeks after this date (maybe not in your case if you're not regular) so I'm 19 weeks pregnant but really I only got pregnant 17 weeks ago.

If you had a regular 28 day cycle you would have ovulated around 16th December and fertilised egg would have implanted somewhere between 21st December and 25th December. If the blood was brownish it could have been old blood. There are lots of reasons women spot in pregnancy though, hormones, sex, implantation etc.

The reason I say between 9 and 12+4 as with your irregular cycle it's impossible to say when you might have ovulated.

Obviously this is all based on a 'perfect cycle'. I myself have a 32 day cycle but actually ovulate quite early in my cycle and have a long luteal phase.

Don't be surprised if you're as far on as 12+4 today though smile

1moretime Fri 26-Feb-16 19:11:00

Thank you.
The blood I had on 21st Jan was red hun. ..I noticed as my usual period/bleeds are usually dark brown. This was only a small bit red on toilet roll when I wiped.

I wish I had recorded in my diary or on my logger if I had bled at the end of December, but really can't remember!!

My periods vary. Iv gone 74 days at the most without having a period but then gone through stages where iv bled every 2 weeks xx

Thanks for your help.

1moretime Fri 26-Feb-16 19:19:58

Done on of these tests....didn't realise they only went to 3 + Weeks. At least I know I'm definatley over 5 weeks x

KayTee87 Wed 02-Mar-16 21:00:57

Hey what did your scan say about dates??

1moretime Thu 03-Mar-16 18:01:07

Hi hun.
I am only 6 weeks 1 day. Can't really work it out, but so relieved they could see my little jelly baby after a bit of a scare.
Ultrasound detected a sac but no foetus at first. I was a right state. They offered me an internal scan. Managed to see baby & a flickering heartbeat smile xx

KayTee87 Fri 04-Mar-16 15:05:38

I really though you would be further than that! So you got pregnant around 10th Feb then. Yeah 6 weeks bit early for abdominal scan smile enjoy your pregnancy.

1moretime Fri 04-Mar-16 18:21:02

I really don't know HuN. My last period was in December!! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now