Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight gain... Third trimester.

(7 Posts)
Onemoretime29 Thu 25-Feb-16 09:19:49

Hi everyone, I was just curious as to how much weight people tend to gain in the 3rd trimester? I know baby will gain a lot but I wondered if people found their weight gain increased or slowed down? Just entering the 3rd trimester myself so wondered what to expect smile

KP86 Thu 25-Feb-16 09:25:36

I ballooned! But a lot of that was retained fluid and swelling.

Don't know exactly how much but I would suggest probably 10-15kg?

Overall I gained 25, but the first 15 was gone within a month as it was mostly fluid.

I'm probably the exception though so don't let me worry you.

Runningupthathill82 Thu 25-Feb-16 09:38:08

I ballooned in the third trimester, in both pregnancies.

In my first pregnancy I put on around half a stone by 28 weeks and another stone and a half from there on. Making two stone overall.

Second time around, I put on a stone in the first trimester, another stone in the second, and two stone in the third trimester...four stone overall. Argh!

Dixiechick17 Thu 25-Feb-16 10:32:12

I piled it on in the third trimester, over two stone, I had so much fluid retention though as most of it was gone a few weeks post birth.

Everythinggettingbigger Thu 25-Feb-16 10:51:19

I'm 27+2 so only just in the third trimester but ive put 11lb on so far, but my need to eat everything in sight seems to have slowed down and I am actually joining slimming world tonight so hoping that my weight gain on the home stretch isn't too bad and is just baby getting nice and chunky!

In my first pregnancy I didn't really put any weight on in my first trimester but towards to the end I just ballooned and was 3st heavier AFTER giving birth! and took my 4 years to loose! hence me being more careful this time!

Me624 Thu 25-Feb-16 12:24:40

Everyone is different. I am 38+6 and have barely put on anything in my third trimester. I put on half a stone before I'd even got to booking in, about 2 stone now overall, but almost all of that was in the second trimester and I have only put on a few pounds since week 34.

Luc28 Thu 25-Feb-16 22:19:53

I am 39+6 and I'm huge. I've been big throughout but the third trimester I ballooned .... The scales frighten me now so I avoid them at all costs. I'm tall anyway but I've really noticed water retention this time all over. Hands feet and legs mostly affected along with the nice big baby bump ... I feel so attractive ;) ... I've eaten healthily throughout but it's made little difference on the weight gain, soon as baby's here though and when body starts to return to normal after 6-8weeks it should start to go down then gradually back to normal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now