Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cleaners doing a "deep clean" while I'm in hospital?

(12 Posts)
BeautifulLiar Wed 24-Feb-16 20:53:40

I'm booked in to be induced my due date, and have asked our cleaners to come and do a big clean while I'm in the hospital. We have three DC already who will be at school/grandma's house so it would be nice to come home with the baby to a nice clean house!

But I'm not sure what to actually ask them to do?!

Anyone got any ideas?? All I can think of so far is wipe down the banister blush

celeste83 Wed 24-Feb-16 20:56:04

Can they not do a whole house deep clean? If so send them my way aswell!

needastrongone Wed 24-Feb-16 20:56:04

Good luck. smile

Mirrors, internal windows, lights, tiles, move and clean behind furniture, fridge? Door frames?

BeautifulLiar Wed 24-Feb-16 21:04:56

Celeste they said they'd do pretty much anything - I just can't think!

Thanks need. Ooh you're good!! Fridge was going to be a main one but I'm getting a new fridge delivered on Sunday so I'm hoping that'll still be clean by 8th of March?!

Avebury Wed 24-Feb-16 21:08:05

Skirting boards, under beds, inside kitchen cupboards, oven, major bathroom clean? Knowing I was coming home to a deep cleaned house would so make labour worth it!

Redroses11 Wed 24-Feb-16 21:13:05

Inside cupboards. Front of cupboards. Skirting boards. De-fungal (?) on inside shower. Oven. Light switches. All handles (door/drawer/wardrobes). Fixtures/fittings basically.

BeautifulLiar Wed 24-Feb-16 21:25:35

Avebury that's hilarious! I didn't think of it like that. Been saving up for this blush skirting boards - definitely; they're pretty gross. Yes, inside cupboards too!! Oven - check.

RedRoses I'm noting all these down! Door handles is a good one - bet they're chocca with germs!!

Paintedhandprints Wed 24-Feb-16 21:26:21

Top of cupboards, wardrobes. Inside, top of kitchen cupboards. Oven. Dishwasher filter. Washing machine drawer. Bathroom- shower screen. Skirtings. Shampoo carpets? Windows and frames. Dust/ polish light fittings. Clean behind radiators. Steam clean soft furnishings eg sofa cushions, curtains?
(I'm currently nesting). smile

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 24-Feb-16 21:29:38

Wash carpets if you have them. Makes your house look so new! Yes to bathroom, plus kitchen including cupboards.

Good luck with your birth and congratulations!

celeste83 Wed 24-Feb-16 21:34:10

Windows?

Think everyone has ticked everything else off for you grin

celeste83 Wed 24-Feb-16 21:36:35

Toilets? Can't believe no one suggested that one!

BeautifulLiar Wed 24-Feb-16 21:38:33

Haha no kidding Painted! I may have already cleaned the washing machine drawer in a nesting frenzy. No dishwasher or shower (well, shower over bath).

All the carpets are brand new more nesting so don't need cleaning. But can't believe I forgot the sofa!! It's a leather one, but has lots of crumbs and stuff within it... definitely needs a clean!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now