Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bad upper back pain..!!

(2 Posts)
Bubblegum28 Wed 24-Feb-16 20:50:52

Hi ladies I'm 38 weeks today and since yesterday I have had reaallly bad backache. I've heard lower backache can mean labour but this is more upper and middle, but it's getting so bad I can't relax. Midwife said baby's engaged and down in pelvis, could it be why? I mean the extra weight pulling my back mucles or something in agony here sad

suspiciousofgoldfish Wed 24-Feb-16 21:35:49

Possibly a pinched/trapped nerve that is making its way towards your upper back. See if you can get a pregnancy massage or osteo to try to ease it maybe? The extra strain and weight from baby probably means you are inadvertently carrying/standing differently to normal. Get your dp to give your shoulders a rub. Rolling a tennis ball in between your shoulders works too (you stand agains a wall and lean on the ball). Hope it gets better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now