Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Subsequent pregnancies after OC with first - your stories please!

(5 Posts)
baffledmummy Wed 24-Feb-16 19:32:22

Hello - I was diagnosed with OC in my first pregnancy and suffered pretty badly from symptoms from around 30 weeks with an induction at 37 weeks. I know the likelihood of recurrence in subsequent pregnancies is very high so I was looking for your experiences...We are contemplating TTC number 2 in the next few months and I am concerned it may be an issue again. Did it recur? Did the symptoms start earlier? Thanks!

kamillaw Fri 26-Feb-16 01:33:10

For me yes it did re occur. A few weeks sooner than in first pregnancy, I seem to respond quite well to treatment and was induced again at 37+3. No issues at birth. I'm pregnant again with no3 and at 29 weeks it hasn't yet come back but I have started to itch a little so will ask for bloods - I had asked at 23 weeks as was a bit itchy but came back clear - maybe it's in my head?!
Personally my experiences with OC have not been enough to put me off having more as you can tell. I know the itching drives some women bonkers mind you!
Good luck in TTC no2!

baffledmummy Sat 27-Feb-16 15:47:04

Thanks kamillaw and good luck with number 3! I hope it doesn't recur for you this time. It wont put us off either I think although I was pretty tortured with it. I was grasping at straws hoping for lots of 'nope it didn't come back!' type responses. I'm most concerned about it starting earlier and having to get induced earlier really.

HaPPy8 Sat 27-Feb-16 19:35:11

Mine didnt come back second time round smile

baffledmummy Sat 27-Feb-16 22:35:06

Hurrah HaPPy8! Fingers crossed for the same smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now