Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone feeling overwhelmed?

(3 Posts)
Notrobusta Sun 21-Feb-16 10:49:58

Expecting my third baby in may and had been pretty relaxed about it all but over the last few days I have been feeling overwhelmed by all the preparations. We have made a list of the things we need to get. As our youngest is 7 we don't have much left of the necessary gear. I haven't wanted to start getting things ready yet as there is loads of time to go but have this feeling of time speeding up and the number of pay days left before i go on mat leave is decreasing. Any advice on ways to feel less overwhelmed and how to pace the planning would be much appreciated. I guess it may be hormones too as I am normally pretty organised. Should I just buy everything now and be done with it I wonder !

Sophia1984 Sun 21-Feb-16 12:01:36

I am Notrobusta! Slightly different as this is first baby and not due till August, but similar worried about not having all the stuff ready. I think if you are feeling capable of doing shopping now, and have the money, then you should go for it! Otherwise, maybe make a list of what you need, and set yourself a target of picking up a couple of things every week, and adding nappies/wipes to your weekly shop.

Everythinggettingbigger Sun 21-Feb-16 13:44:20

Also due in May with DC2 with my first being 5 so we pretty much needed everything too! But I have to admit I am very organised and like to get everything early so we are pretty much done!

Could you prioritise what you need and buy them first? Pram, crib/moses basket, bottles/steriliser? Things such as a cot and bedroom furniture can wait and can also be purchased really cheap from the likes of Ikea, they actually have a really good range of cots. (We got a small wardrobe from ikea for £39 for baby's room and it's very sturdy and drawers to match for £45). Or you could go to the likes of mothercare/mamas and papas who do payment plans. You can get everything you need and relax about it because you have it and just pay it off monthly. Also shop around for best prices? John Lewis price match so that's a good place to start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now