Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stomach back and chest pain, 16+6 (sorry if TMI)

(8 Posts)
lilygirl81 Thu 18-Feb-16 17:51:23

I finally seem to have shaken off my Hyperemisis, but worried about how I'm feeling today.

I've had issues with constipation for the last few weeks, but definitely had a clear out 2 days ago and a few movements since then, all very soft and mucousy.

Today my stomach is really painful, sore to the touch, but a hot water bottle takes the edge off. I also have pain in my lower right back, and around my bust line feels like there is pressure (no bra on but almost as though I've had too tight a one on.) I feel miserable again, but not sure if this is likely to just be my bowels or something else.

Really looking to see if this sounds about normal.

TheresALight Thu 18-Feb-16 18:05:48

Hi, I had a similar ache at about 20 weeks where it felt like my bra band was too tigh even if I wasnt wearing one. I think it was a combination of everything inside getting squashed up by my uterus growing and me having a short torso so there wasn't much room spare!
I had a bra fitting and found that I'd give up a back size and the new bra helped a bit but other than that the only thing that helped was stretch my arms above my head.
30 weeks now and still get simular pains but the midwife has said it's 'normal', but even so it's sometimes very painful.

TheresALight Thu 18-Feb-16 18:06:51

I'd gone up a bra size, not give up!

lilygirl81 Thu 18-Feb-16 18:25:50

Thanks Theresalight, I'll stop worrying about the chest pain, at least that's one symptom I can ignore smile

lilygirl81 Fri 19-Feb-16 00:40:16

Is it nuts to be considering a bath at this time of night, my back and stomach are agony sad

Junosmum Fri 19-Feb-16 05:20:34

I had horrific flare ups of ibs whilst pregnant- doubled over with stomach pain, mucousy poops etc. Hadn't had a flare up like it in well over 10years, had 3 whilst pregnant all of which lasted a couple of weeks. Baby was fine (is currently asleep on me after a feed!

lilygirl81 Fri 19-Feb-16 06:00:42

I managed to nap a bit on the sofa, woke up in agony and now stuck in the loo feeling like my insides are about to explode out of me. Think I'm definitely off to the doctor, not sure I can cope with another night like this, almost in tears

TheresALight Sat 20-Feb-16 09:38:39

Hi Lily, sorry to hear your still suffering too. My midwife was quite dismissive when I told her about the pain so would be interesting to see if the doctor can do anything to help. I've just given notice to finish work in 3 weeks (will be 33 weeks) and am so looking forward to being able to lie back on the sofa most of the day instead of having to sit upright at desk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now