Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Midwife appointments on the wrong week

(7 Posts)
CommanderShepherd Thu 18-Feb-16 15:04:05

I saw the midwife on 12 Feb which should've been my 36 week appointment. I was actually 37 weeks on that Friday. Everything was fine with the midwife (was a different one to my previous appointments) and she told me to book in for 2 weeks time

CommanderShepherd Thu 18-Feb-16 15:06:14

Cont!
Which I did. I've just checked my notes and I should have a midwife appointment at 36 and 38 weeks. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. So at some point I've ended up a week ahead at my appointments. So on the 26 Feb I'll be 39 weeks pregnant? Does this matter?

nixxxy Thu 18-Feb-16 15:11:18

I just had my 36 week appointment at 34 +3, so yeah. I'm ahead of everything too. All the midwives seem fine with this though when writing my notes and going through the motions, so I can only assume it's common thing? I'm pregnant with DC1 so no idea if this is standard practice or not.

Lj8893 Thu 18-Feb-16 15:11:20

No it doesn't really matter. As long as you are seeing the midwife as regular as your meant to (ie every 2 weeks at this stage) then it's fine.

Tfoot75 Thu 18-Feb-16 15:28:40

It's not really the weeks but the interval between visits that matters at this stage, as things can change more quickly in late pregnancy, eg blood pressure. The number of weeks you are won't matter unless you overdue, at which point visits will be weekly anyway and they'll be booking you in for sweep/induction if necessary.

CommanderShepherd Thu 18-Feb-16 15:29:46

Phew! I just had a panic moment in case there is a specific reason it has to be on these precise weeks

CutYourHairAndGetAJob Thu 18-Feb-16 15:31:55

I was always a week behind I don't think it matters much, the main thing is to get your blood pressure etc checked regularly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now