Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Phantom smells are making me vomit at 18 weeks

(5 Posts)
Alison382 Tue 16-Feb-16 14:27:28

All I can smell is nail polish remover, wine, hand sanitiZer, that sort of intense spirit smell. It's not even around me, it doesn't matter if I'm in my house someone else's or outside it won't go. I haven't suffered with strong smells since early on and I'm 18 weeks. It's making me vomit it's so bad. Is this normal?

Kstar8 Tue 16-Feb-16 14:47:19

I keep thinking I can smell bins/stale food in the evening which my husband cannot smell. It only happens in the evenings which is when I feel queasy (13 weeks along). I wondered if this was a symptom too. I'd rather smell solvents!

mascaraisamust Tue 16-Feb-16 16:29:52

Gosh, I came in through the door and thought I could smell vomit. Still can smell it, looking for vomit as we speak round the house! 18 weeks too...

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 16-Feb-16 16:35:49

oooh the smells...!!

I could not go to all sorts of places because of the smells. It sort of went on for the whole time really, but it did get less bad with subsequent pregnancies...mainly in that the smells were still there, but not as awful

Dh really thought I was bonkers!

niceupthedance Tue 16-Feb-16 16:40:11

I remember nearly ripping out my ( new) fridge as it smelt rotten, even after cleaning and scrubbing it. So, so gross. I guess this kind of thing is normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now