Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Snuzpod, bed nest or cot

(17 Posts)
Notrobusta Sat 13-Feb-16 17:08:02

What would you opt for ? The baby will obviously be in with us for a good while so looking for something that can easily fit next to our bed as I like the idea of being able to get to the baby easily for night feeds. Not sure whether to go straight for a cot that can be a co sleeper one or have one of the smaller ones first. Not keen on spending a fortune for something that doesn't last long so would be interested to know how long you used the bedneat or snuzpod. Many thanks.

5hell Sat 13-Feb-16 18:12:22

it's not easy to decide is it?...we've gone for a poco baby hammock (i just had a gut feeling about it), but who knows if baby will like it!!!!

co-sleeper cots would have been tricky for us due to the style of our bed frame, so that's one thing to consider.

NotSoFancyNancy Sat 13-Feb-16 18:34:42

Loving our snuzpod for dc3. Wondering why we did not have it with first two kids!
I was never up for full cosleeping permanently and this is a great compromise.

Chattycat78 Sat 13-Feb-16 18:58:45

We used the snuzpod first time round. Used it for about 5 months as ds Got too big! Thought it was great though as it was like having him in the bed with us but he wasn't. Also great for night feeding- just pick them out - no getting out of bed. Will be using it this time for sure! X

sizethree Sat 13-Feb-16 20:02:05

I love our Snuzpod. I ended up having an emergency c section and it's been so easy to simply scoop up my daughter from it for night time feeds. And I love being so close to her overnight without the panic I'd get from actual co sleeping. Really recommend it.

FranHastings Sat 13-Feb-16 20:05:26

Absolutely loved our Snuzpod. It was a much lamented day when they were too big for it. Made my life so much easier at night.

Notrobusta Sat 13-Feb-16 20:16:21

Sounds like the snuzpod is a popular choice. Feel a full size cot will be too big to start with . I like the fact the top lofts off the snuzpod and can be used in different rooms. Would save getting a Moses basket I guess. Is about five months the Max time a snuzpod would be used do you think?

dats Sat 13-Feb-16 20:19:27

IKEA Gulliver cot (£65) with side removed and base drilled and bolted at the same height as bed. Bolted on to bedframe and a rolled up towel to fill tiny gap. Then side put back on and cot moved to end of bed, then when we moved house and had more than one bedroom, into own room.

DC2 due in a few months so will move DD to a bed/cotbed and do the same again. It wasn't particularly technical or complex to do and worked brilliantly for us. May even push the boat out and buy a Sleepyhead this time to make up for being so tight! grin

unimaginativename13 Sat 13-Feb-16 20:34:35

Depends on your baby mine lasted 10 weeks before his arms hit the side and woke him up. Then went straight into his cotbed.

He likes a lot of room to wiggle around.

I would say try to find one second hand they aren't used for long and it's gutting spending £200 on something like that. You would hope they are in it till they are 10!

Tatie3 Sat 13-Feb-16 22:13:51

A friend of mine has the Chicco Next 2 Me for her little one and she swears by it so I've bought one for baby number 3 due in May. Obviously I haven't used it yet but it's all set up and fits nicely against the bed, I also like that you can tilt one end if you have a windy/refluxy baby.

Eastend2015 Sun 14-Feb-16 08:44:45

I was keen on a Chicco as it can be tilted but eventually decided on a cotbed with a sleepyhead as it'll last much longer plus worried about our cats getting in to any of the co-sleeping cribs.

mangocoveredlamb Sun 14-Feb-16 08:49:23

We rented a bednest for 7 months, it was brilliant and I think costs about £69 now. You can lift the top off the bednest too!

MrsUnderwood Sun 14-Feb-16 08:53:43

We've got the Chicco. I'm really happy with it- easy to assemble and adjust, you can tilt it, and it's also easy to transport if you're going away on holiday.

IndomitabIe Sun 14-Feb-16 09:05:28

DC2 is still in utero, but we've got a snuzpod this time (one of the very few things we've actually bought this time). I'm really impressed at how sturdy it is, and little thoughts like by taking out 3 screws the hinged frame will collapse to put the lot in the car. As well as the lift-off cot bit.

(And it's the one with the highest mattress height, which made it the only one we could realistically choose with our massive mattress!).

Friends have sworn by the Chicco, but it seemed a bit flimsy to us and has a lip that would obstruct the sliding across point of having a bedside crib.

I'm aware, and a bit sad, it'll only last 6 months. But hoping to avoid the hands bashing on the sides issue that a PP noted by using swaddle pods this time (didn't swaddle last time either - I am determined to sleep this time!).

SweepTheHalls Sun 14-Feb-16 09:06:47

We have a Troll bedside crib and use the carry cot on the buggy for downstairs. Works really well.

LBOCS2 Sun 14-Feb-16 09:08:37

We've bought a Chicco - we coslept last time but I prefer having a bit more room so it seemed like a good compromise smile

Artandco Sun 14-Feb-16 09:20:23

I recommend getting a full size cot or cotbed even if you have space. You can take one side off and put right next to your bed anyway if you like. Cotbed lasts 5+ years if you have the space in your room as converts to toddler bed. The £100-150 ones in John Lewis are fine.

Then get a sleepyhead sleep pod to go inside. Means you can use sleepyhead in the day anywhere in the house, or can take with you in car somewhere. Also fits in large suitcase if needed. At night that can go in large cot to make it smaller the first 6-9 months, and you can use it right on your bed also to co sleep safely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now